1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread preview: Insta-whore works!!

Why must one be politically correct?

Which one of the following is correct?:

1) That dark-skinned man was walking across the street.
2) That African-American was walking across the street.
3) That man was walking across the street.
4) That black man was walking across the street.
5) Oooh, look at that ****** run, I wonder what stole!

or if you prefer:

1) Look at that man cross the street.
2) Look at that white man cross the sreet.
3) Look at that drunk-ass honkey stumble across street.
4) Look at that light-skinned man cross the street.
5) Look at that American cross the street.

It seems to me that no matter what you say, there is always someone that is offended.

I will tell you my opinion:

The dark-skinned/light-skinned is being descriptive of the person's apperance as well as the black/white man. Although some people would be greatly offended by this.

The African-American and American ones....why have both? If you are a legal citizen of this country, you are an american....right? Correct me if I am wrong. So therefore, it should be American for both. African is where their ancestors or whatnot came from just like my ancestors possibly came from Ireland.

I threw in the honkey and ***** (yes, just asterics) comments just for the fun of it. Those would greatly offend people.

But my question is, why must we be politically correct? Because no one wants their feelings hurt? Well, you (Mr PC) are a pussy!

discuss.

note - If I offended anyone, I am sorry. I am being serious here.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would ask why you needed to differentiate...

Whats wrong with:

"look at that guy (or man) walking across the street?"

do you NEED to identify his race when talking about him? you wouldn't unless that bit of information is useful for some kind of judgement call... :shrug:

**flamesuiton**

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Well.. if we didn't identify by color... people would just say,

"fcuk the man"

instead of

"fcuk the white man"

--Sam

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Zbone said:
I would ask why you needed to differentiate...

Whats wrong with:

"look at that guy (or man) walking across the street?"

do you NEED to identify his race when talking about him? you wouldn't unless that bit of information is useful for some kind of judgement call... :shrug:

**flamesuiton**
Maybe hypothetically, there was a white man and a black man and you only wanted to talk about one of them. They are the same height and weight. Have the same hair color and are wearing the same clothes. You must differentiate by skin color. I dont see whats so wrong with that. Because I can see that someone's skin is black and I may use that to describe the person, that doesnt mean i am racist. I am not going to think differently about that person or treat the differently.

Shane

·
American
90 Posts
well just like theresa heinz kerry claims she is an african american, i will now do the same.

my grandmother was born and raised in africa. I am more "african american" than many blacks who's family has been in the US for centuries.

"fvck ya'll white kids" is a term i heard used often in high school. It's okay to talk **** to white people, but not the other way around. At least thats how it was at my high school.
40% hispanic, 40% arab, 10% asian, 10% other (black, white, etc.)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
about kids in school. why is it okay for the blacks, mexicans, arabs, etc to talk about whites but not okay for whites to talk about them? for example, i had some black coworkers, they kept on calling me 'kraka' and 'honkey' so i called them '****er' one day and all hell broke loose. why? i still dont know. a double standard i guess.

sam, how about just a plain 'fcuk you' ?

i dont understand politically correctness other than it has made people go crazy recently over the smallest things

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
its funny its only racism when whites do something to someone else but when someone else does something to whites no one cares

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Seriously, I've always believed that if you talk smack, be ready to get smacked back! There's a difference between joking around and meaning it I think. I don't care if people call me a chink... I don't care when they say I can't drive and we all laugh... then I just say, "I can drive.. I parked it in your moms garage last nite if you know what I mean!" Then we all laugh! HAHAHAHA

--Sam

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,078 Posts
Probe 2C said:
Would you prefer African-Canadian?

Do they even have those?

What about African-Mexicans?
How bout uh... black. Seriously - it doesn't matter what term you use, eventually a label will become un-pc because of what it represents - not which syllables, vowels, letters are joined together to make a term. The term is to somehow remove the "yer not a real part of white America" but that's just for people who like to feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I could care less what racial slur people use to describe me - as long as I still get paid the same, have the same rights and aren't discriminated against.

·
Registered
202 Posts
One thing I have learned in my old age is that blacks can't be racists.....just as Jessie Jackson! I also want to add that as long as Jessie Jackson is alive and well then blacks will never have to worry about the man keeping them down as JJ will do it for them. Race hustlers.

·
Registered
903 Posts
5Gen_Prelude said:
I could care less what racial slur people use to describe me - as long as I still get paid the same, have the same rights and aren't discriminated against.

Racism breeds discrimination... where there is one, there is the other.

I know I'm going to catch poop for this, but heregoes anyway (why do I do this to myself?? :rolleyes: )...

What you guys are failing to consider is the relatively recent (albeit increasingly older) end of segrigation and the millitant by product it produced in the older generations of minorities.

Yes, legalized segrigation was outlawed in the 60's... but living in jacksonville has taught me that it has only been in the last 10-15 years that the self-imposed segrigation of blacks is starting to dissipate. there is still a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of racism here, and because of that the black population found it easier to co-exist when they stayed in their own areas. It's so bad here still that I literally hear the word "****er" used in VERY derogative terms at least 3 times a day... AT WORK! I have a co-worker that is TERRIFIED of black men; she carries a gun to protect herself from them.

When you have this much "hidden hatred" for so long, the older generations (on both sides) tend to be much more negative and millitant in their views, and those views get passed down. in the case of blacks, reverse racism IS an issue, mainly due (in my opinion) to the fact that they now HAVE to be treated as equals. Now that they don't have to worry about being attacked with dogs and firehoses, the pent up anger and resentment against whites for the centuries of opression that has been passed down for generations is finally escaping.

Basically, we're still recovering as a nation from our violent, segrigationist past, just as germany is still dealing with their ugly past in WWII.

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,078 Posts
I'm not forgetting it, I just believe the tap dancing just reinforces the problem. Prudish attitude towards sex = repressed society, censorship = desire to fight it. The hatred doesn't go away by changing the label.

·
unworkable
649 Posts
Zbone said:
Racism breeds discrimination... where there is one, there is the other.

I know I'm going to catch poop for this, but heregoes anyway (why do I do this to myself?? :rolleyes: )...

What you guys are failing to consider is the relatively recent (albeit increasingly older) end of segrigation and the millitant by product it produced in the older generations of minorities.

Yes, legalized segrigation was outlawed in the 60's... but living in jacksonville has taught me that it has only been in the last 10-15 years that the self-imposed segrigation of blacks is starting to dissipate. there is still a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of racism here, and because of that the black population found it easier to co-exist when they stayed in their own areas. It's so bad here still that I literally hear the word "****er" used in VERY derogative terms at least 3 times a day... AT WORK! I have a co-worker that is TERRIFIED of black men; she carries a gun to protect herself from them.

When you have this much "hidden hatred" for so long, the older generations (on both sides) tend to be much more negative and millitant in their views, and those views get passed down. in the case of blacks, reverse racism IS an issue, mainly due (in my opinion) to the fact that they now HAVE to be treated as equals. Now that they don't have to worry about being attacked with dogs and firehoses, the pent up anger and resentment against whites for the centuries of opression that has been passed down for generations is finally escaping.

Basically, we're still recovering as a nation from our violent, segrigationist past, just as germany is still dealing with their ugly past in WWII.
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I used to throw around terms but I realized it offended other people. I used to call myself cracker/nip cause I'm 1/2 white 1/2 Japanese but some people were not please with that (both white and Japanese (or other asians in general). Now I either say I'm half breed or hybrid.

This situation will take at least 2-3 more generations to pass before the ones who remember all the hatred are gone.

·
Hon hon hon
3,261 Posts
Raiznarizona said:
I also want to add that as long as Jessie Jackson is alive and well then blacks will never have to worry about the man keeping them down as JJ will do it for them.
Well put. Jesse Jackson continually does more harm to the black community than any other outside force.

·
Registered
903 Posts
sandiegan said:
Well put. Jesse Jackson continually does more harm to the black community than any other outside force.

One could make the arguement that the majority of southern black "preachers" do nothing more than manipulate their congregations into keeping them "relevent" by showing them they are still "fighting the good fight," even if they are REALLY just milking money from the poor so they can buy another Cadillac. :jape:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My topic - black people's racism towards whites

Why it is relevant - because i hear "its because im black" so much

I hear this so much coming from my mom and others. My mom teaches middle school. everytime she gets onto (tells someone to stop talking, etc) a black student, half the time they come back with "she don't like me because I'm black." Then the students go home and tell their parents. I too have heard this from numerous people the whole "because I'm black" statement. I can only think of one way this would be spoken by so many people. The kids' parents say it, the kids pick it up, the kid's friends pick it up, and it is passed down the line. I think that the kids/people are just using this as a crutch or an excuse to escape punishment because they don't want to be "equal."

My conclusion is - blacks dont want to be held equal. they think that because they were "enslaved" (at mcdonalds or something...) that they should be treated better than everyone.

now not all blacks are like this. i have seen about half that are like this and half that aren't.

i think that everyone should be treated equal. in order to be treated equal you have to WANT to be treated equal and not expect more because of the past.

Jessie Jackson and Martin Luther King, Jr were both hoes. They were both ass-sluts for the whole segregation thing and only did what they did so they could get money and be held higher than everyone else. :laugh:

I am from the south, Alabama....born and raised. Where I go to church I hear "****er" atleast 2 or 3 times. Its a completely white church. I have been around racism and it still exists. Do I believe in it? Yes and no. It is there for a reason. The people that act "unequal" deserve to be treated unequal/belittled/etc. I treat people the same, or atleast try my best to do so.

Back on topic. Political Correctness will be changed from day to day until it drives the whole world crazy. I don't care what people say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts