Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"The B*tch" (4WS) - not the best Prelude in the world but...

...its clean :)

I just had it fully valeted (detailed) today by a garage who had it for 30 hrs, so I figured it would be a good time to take some shots of it.

The car is (so far) mechanically stock. Dated 2001 with 46,008kms (30,000miles ?) on the clock and has 4-wheel steering as you will see from the pics. Its the top of the range model that was sold here with leather seats and all that jazz.

It has a Wings West lip kit on it and KEI Racing RSS 18" rims with Avon ZZ3 225/40 tyres. Also added drilled/grooved brake discs.
Now, some will say I should lower the car but I can't and thats my fault.
When I ordered the wheels, I wasn't totally clued in and got them with the wrong offset so the rear wheels rub on the wheelarch under a heavy load (say 2 heavy-ish people in the back and then I go over a bump or crest too fast).
So I cannot go lower even though the tyres dont clear the wheel arch by probably 0.5cm (can I alter camber to offset that or not ?).

Anyway here are the pics....

racingrenders.com - /Prelude/
Used a URL as the pics are big.

Errr..yes thats me in Pic-12 looking rather serious and worse for wear in the drizzly weather. :)

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Criticism will be met with a huff :)

Oh and "The B*tch".... yeah I called it that one day and its kinda stuck between be and my friends.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
That's one of the better ones I have seen in a while.

·
BB6 S3X
515 Posts
nice looking car...but i would rather trade those wheels for the right offset to lower the car...looks a little funky sitting that high

·
Read Only
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by someone that I should have 225/35 tyres on and not 225/40 (which came with the wheels). Then I would be able to lower it and not worry about the rubbing so much.
But if I put 35's on then Im going to get an even bumpier ride and some of the roads where I live are pretty crap and in need of repair. So I'm kinda up in the air at the moment.
Thanks for the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts