Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I dont know...Its just not making the power..I know the a/f is slighty rich, but that is not going to make the 30 hp that im lacking. It was a pretty dissapointing day at the dyno.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VA Ludin:
Yea, thanks alot..</font>
Like I said, I am not making fun of you or anything like that. There has to be some serious tuning issues or something somewhere along the line.....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Ok I was with him today at the dyno. I have to give VA Ludin credit for trying to remedy the problem for the past several months. There is something seriously wrong some where and no one can figure it out. He has done compression tests, leakdown tests, and changed just about every part on his car almost twice.

o0OO0o - Today was the first day the car has ever been tuned so please cut VA Ludin some slack. Hell, just about every Prelude on this board would get whooped by Warren's car.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
o0OO0o - Today was the first day the car has ever been tuned so please cut VA Ludin some slack. Hell, just about every Prelude on this board would get whooped by Warren's car.</font>
you're right, my bad, i apologize.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
EVIL EVIL EVIL I say.</font>

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sniff Sniff..thanks chris. I want to see some more turbo prelude dynos. I have seen the 2 5th gens dynos on atomic site, but im not sure what kinda mods they have. Someone one the other board said 4.5lbs * 7hp= 31.5hp over stock. Well considering stock is 160. I dont feel that far off. I think that the hp im lacking can be further compensated with a little more a/f tuning and maybe some new spark plugs and a valve adjustment. I might even gain a few hp dynoing in 4th. Im not sure..im just talking from my ass. On the upside...i did gain 13 hp and 6 ft lbs of torque and boy can i feel it. My car feels much quicker. I think im going to crank the boost up. Anyhow, like i said before, post up some turbo prelude dynos or a link.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have got to see that car. Coming up again on sunday. Will be U/W and back late in the week.
BTW dyno at 168.5 with P&P, cams and gears, TB and I/H.

Tom

------------------
93 Si 4WS

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try this...it might help. Don't shoot the wastegate back into the downpipe...just don't connect it the the downpipe. It'll dump into the air around it...it won't matter. This should give you more power. If you already have this done...i'm not sure whats wrong. A Clutch would be really helpful to let you put the power to your wheels. Well g'luck with everything.

------------------
Jeffrey
1998 Honda Prelude
FMAX Turbo Kit

·
Registered
500 Posts
i think it is your cat and exhaust that is hurting, and the ecu is not helping either. in fact, i am in the same boat as you. take a look at my dyno, and you will understand what i am saying.. =(

www.151boost.com/turbolude/dyno.htm

------------------
98 Turbo Prelude
www.151boost.com

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a 6 puck clutch..Open loop wastegate..brand new 94 Vtec Prelude Ecu..gutted cat..If you look i my dyno you will see that im making great power before vtec, but afterwards is when the trouble starts. What fpr should i get?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am hoping it is just the crappy OBD II doing most of it. There are numerous 4th gen turbo vtecs getting high twelves with slicks and stock internals. Twelves in a prelude is a hell of a lot more than 220 horsepower.

What type of fuel enrichment are you using? Standard Drag vortech FMU unit? If so, ditch it and get an additional injector controller like what F-Max supplies with their kits. Or a full standalone ecu. FMUs are crude devices in my opinion.

Definitely go open loop if possible. Closed loop will rob 20-40 horses.

What kind of timing are you running? Got a J&S or BTC?

You have an aftermarket exhaust of some type right?

I know I will get flamed for this, but I will say it anyway. Ditch your cat.

·
Registered
261 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by inlinefour:
I am hoping it is just the crappy OBD II doing most of it. There are numerous 4th gen turbo vtecs getting high twelves with slicks and stock internals. Twelves in a prelude is a hell of a lot more than 220 horsepower.

What type of fuel enrichment are you using? Standard Drag vortech FMU unit? If so, ditch it and get an additional injector controller like what F-Max supplies with their kits. Or a full standalone ecu. FMUs are crude devices in my opinion.

Definitely go open loop if possible. Closed loop will rob 20-40 horses.

What kind of timing are you running? Got a J&S or BTC?

You have an aftermarket exhaust of some type right?

I know I will get flamed for this, but I will say it anyway. Ditch your cat.
</font>
I have a 93 lude, it is obd I..i have the standard drag fmu..i already have the open loop wastegate, drag doesnt make a closed loop, just fmax...im running stock timing like drag tells you too and i have had my cat off for a real long time and it hooks up to my pe exuast...i took care of the extra fuel the fmu was giving me by leaning out and getting a 11.5 a/f ratio which isnt far of from the 12.1 that i need. Im sure that i could make a small amount of hop by getting it perfect...but that isnt going to give me the gains i know i should have.

·
Registered
261 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98lude:
i think it is your cat and exhaust that is hurting, and the ecu is not helping either. in fact, i am in the same boat as you. take a look at my dyno, and you will understand what i am saying.. =(

www.151boost.com/turbolude/dyno.htm

</font>
seems like your running really lean...shouldnt you be around 12.1 anot 13?

·
Registered
261 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Armadillo:
I have got to see that car. Coming up again on sunday. Will be U/W and back late in the week.
BTW dyno at 168.5 with P&P, cams and gears, TB and I/H.

Tom

</font>
YOur coming up to VA? and whats U/W?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts