Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is off topic, but I HAD to share this with you guys.....

i went to the toyota dealership on a rumor that they had a 94 Supra TT for sale. Sure enough, they had it, Silver TT, automatic, targa top.....24,000 kms (15,000 miles)

this car was immaculate, brand new tires, clean, like it was brand new off the boat.
I told the guy I was really serious about getting it, so he let me test drive it.

Let me tell you, i love my prelude SH, but it felt like a civic compared to this thing. Even though it was an automatic, this car flew...I got on the hiway, and was up to 180km/h before even merging out of the acceleration lane...

because of the low mileage, they are asking quite a bit for it, and it ended up being a tad outa my price range, even with the awsome trade they offered for my car, but man, what an experience!!!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
I know this is off topic, but I HAD to share this with you guys.....

i went to the toyota dealership on a rumor that they had a 94 Supra TT for sale. Sure enough, they had it, Silver TT, automatic, targa top.....24,000 kms (15,000 miles)

this car was immaculate, brand new tires, clean, like it was brand new off the boat.
I told the guy I was really serious about getting it, so he let me test drive it.

Let me tell you, i love my prelude SH, but it felt like a civic compared to this thing. Even though it was an automatic, this car flew...I got on the hiway, and was up to 180km/h before even merging out of the acceleration lane...

because of the low mileage, they are asking quite a bit for it, and it ended up being a tad outa my price range, even with the awsome trade they offered for my car, but man, what an experience!!!
</font>
You would have regret getting the auto. It may be fast, but imagine how fast and more fun a 6 spd. would be.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
my 6 speed 98 TT was very fast, but my good friend had an auto and it was within fraction of seconds slower. The TT drivetrain is amazing and really distributes the power well regardless of transmission.
i wish i still had mine

nothing like 408whp to mess around with

peace

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imaplaya:
my 6 speed 98 TT was very fast, but my good friend had an auto and it was within fraction of seconds slower. The TT drivetrain is amazing and really distributes the power well regardless of transmission.
i wish i still had mine

nothing like 408whp to mess around with

peace
</font>
but your 6spd was more fun then the auto right??

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
dude, supras are so hard to come by around here........I think I'd make an exception in this case</font>
I feel you. There is never any supuras around here for sale.I check all of the time. Occisionaly there will be one but it has hella miles or it is auto. I'm sorry if I ever was able to afford to keep up a car like that it better be a stick IMHO.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
exactly, 6 speed is more fun and thats what it comes down too.
god i miss that car...

peace

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
damn, 15,000 miles on a 94. and in the ever so hard to find silver.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Auto should be fine..I sat in one of those before...and it hauls like a mother facker!!! Oh my god...it just reved like one smooth mamma...6 spd would definitly be more fun...but also be like 3 grand more. probs...

·
Registered
188 Posts
my brother's friend got a BLUE supra. he was lucky as hell cuz they only make the blue supra out of state. anyway, my brother said he wants to get into car accidents so he can get insurance money for new kits. hehehe, how scandalous...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I test drove one of my friend's SupraTT before. It had the BPU and that thing was like a rocket.

98 San Marino SH, which city was this at?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts