Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts need to be transfered from the stock assemblies...and how much would they cost? I want ot be able to bolt these suckers on and take them off pretty quickly. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coil222:
I want the answer for this too, I'm getting Teins by the end of the month.

</font>
Who are u getting it from? How much? I was thinking james...but then there's the import tax and then i know he needs Canadian funds.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The following parts has to be transfered from your factory suspension to the Teins.

-Uppermount Base
-uppermount rubber bushings
-Uppermount base gasket
-Top washer
-Plate bump stop washer

If you want to get another set of the above parts, it'll cost ya close to US$100/side

The Uppermount Base is the major cost, and the washers each costs close to $7 each

------------------

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pkw1:
The following parts has to be transfered from your factory suspension to the Teins.

-Uppermount Base
-uppermount rubber bushings
-Uppermount base gasket
-Top washer
-Plate bump stop washer

If you want to get another set of the above parts, it'll cost ya close to US$100/side

The Uppermount Base is the major cost, and the washers each costs close to $7 each

</font>
$100 per strut?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm in the same situation...need the parts. I'm waiting on mine too....should be getting it next week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I take it you guys don't want to take the stock ones off eh?</font>
i want to leave my stock struts intact.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so the question now is ...how hard would it be to transfer the parts? What tools are needed? i gather a spring compressor and a ball joint remover for the SH and of course a socket wrench kit w/torque wrench. Anything else?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
ok so the question now is ...how hard would it be to transfer the parts? What tools are needed? i gather a spring compressor and a ball joint remover for the SH and of course a socket wrench kit w/torque wrench. Anything else?</font>
you don't need the ball joint remover at all... you need gloves! don't cut your hands when you're pulling the trunk liner.... you need a hammer to get the support rings of the front struts off... you need hex keys and a wrench (forgot all about the sizes lol) when removing the nut on the top of the stock strut... and you need PATIENCE! good luck

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
btw, since you have an SH, you need to drop a lower control arm to get the front struts out... i wrote about that when i did mine, but the thread is purged

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts