Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I raised my lude up from having no gap in the front/1 finger in the rear to 1 1/2 finger gap in the front and 2 finger gap in rear...only because i was tired of scraping left and right...
anyways....

i went to go tear up my local twisties and it definitely feels weird not to mention i slid the front wheels(pushing like a dump truck) and felt the rear end get real light like she was about to come around....

my settings are on 8 all around from break-in which is done....my twisties are bumpy....

what are your recommendations for settings???

what would be better??? stiffer or softer???

and when would you use stiff setting vs. soft setting?

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
.... it definitely feels weird ....
That is probably due the fact that you are running less camber...

MugenPoweredLude said:
.... i slid the front wheels(pushing like a dump truck) and felt the rear end get real light like she was about to come around....
For most people, when the car is pushing it is due to overdriving the car (slowly down)... The rear feeling like it is going to come around is what most of use are looking for when racing...

MugenPoweredLude said:
what would be better??? stiffer or softer???

and when would you use stiff setting vs. soft setting?
I'll let people with experience w/ Tein's comment on this. Generally, you run a soft setting on the street and a stiffer setting while racing. Personally, I run the same setup all the time. I just don't push the car on the street like I do while racing.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i probally did overdrive it into that one turn....the rear end actually stepped out a bit but i got it back

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yea i wanna know the same but with HA's. What is your track setting and street setting when crusing around town? I got it 8 clicks all around. Its a lil too bumpy but not bad. I tolerate it.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Again!!!

So does anyone have some insight on the settings??

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump.....anyone??

·
Registered
571 Posts
On these Tein HAs, for street settings, I use 12 clicks from full stiff in front and 10 in the rear. It's very tolerable. At the auto-x's, I'm still experimenting but I'm usually 2 clicks from full stiff in front and full stiff in the rear.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you cant really give me settings from HA's since their spring rates are higher than that of the SS....ill try them tho..thanks!

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i know....i can play around with the street settings but i dont really have a place to road race my lude...well i do..i live 5 minutes from Pocono Raceway but i dont want to pay everytime i have the urge to tear the road up..just wanted a baseline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts