Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone read my previous Tein NR post, you probably saw me commenting on how weird the front-rear weight transfer was going on. That would be called reduced understeer. I can't believe this simple mod has such a huge effect and helped remove understeer to that degree! I was thinking that I'd have to wait for sway bars.

Anyway, some pics of the NRs and the install.

You can find more pics at http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jmw1/temp but these are after-install ones... my car (stock-as-ass silver), Jimmy Mugen (black) and pkw1 (the other silver). Note that 0292-0298 are already linked up top, so only 0299 on are new pics :]

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them for 1075 Cdn 'used' from Jimmy Mugen. Normally they go for ... hmm... You'll have to email and ask him, I'm not sure.

The guy who owned these before is quite rich, keeps swapping cars... bought a Prelude and gave it back right after buying the suspension - it wasn't even installed. Essentially they're brand new :p

------------------
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha jmcn. I wish man. I so wish that was my gf

------------------

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
spite... you forgot to move the support brackets from the old strut to the TEINS!!!! check this link that TimeRacer gave me: http://www.gotrice.com/users/shige/19990313-index.html

------------------
Summummabeach, you're a mod on OT now too???!!!!! You focker! :D Congrats, but wtf is going on? You've become a moderator in two forums in less than 2 months :confused: The world is gonna end :(</font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awww fudge

thanks oooooooo

sigh

------------------

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
awww fudge

thanks oooooooo

sigh
</font>
jimmy mugen and pkw1 had a record of breaking things....

i think it's ok not to have those brackets, JM said he hasn't been using them at all and got no problems.

------------------
Summummabeach, you're a mod on OT now too???!!!!! You focker! :D Congrats, but wtf is going on? You've become a moderator in two forums in less than 2 months :confused: The world is gonna end :(</font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I just talked to him on ICQ.

What do you mean "breaking things"?

------------------

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I don't EVEN want to know where else those things have been.....
....or the other nastiness you do to the CAR...it's only a SHOCK FOR GODS SAKE!!

[This message has been edited by OvaDaLimiT (edited April 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM..GREEEEEN!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Oh dam.. really?? So you wanna put them back in? I can come help again if you want..

I tought you guys had read through the manual before starting with the install.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
Yeah, I just talked to him on ICQ.

What do you mean "breaking things"?

</font>

------------------

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, not yet. Wait until the springs settle.

In fact, they don't seem to have settled much at all. It's still two fingers in the back, one of the front :p I'm getting the alignment done tomorrow.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pkw1:
Oh dam.. really?? So you wanna put them back in? I can come help again if you want..

I tought you guys had read through the manual before starting with the install.

</font>

------------------

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw Phil why aren't you on ICQ?
I'm all lonely at this time of night ;(

------------------

·
www.ntpog.org
7,699 Posts
hey spite, are those shocks adjustable?, i ordered my GC's and should be getting them soon, but no shocks, whats the next best shocks from konis? they are kinda expensive.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tein shocks come in MANY different kinds. Non-adjustable, adjustable height, adjustable height and damper...

I don't know if they're sold separately though. If they are, they will be expensive - pkw1 was saying these look a LOT better than his Koni Yellows.

Hmm... shocks other than Koni... Tokico?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude2005:
hey spite, are those shocks adjustable?, i ordered my GC's and should be getting them soon, but no shocks, whats the next best shocks from konis? they are kinda expensive.</font>

------------------

1 - 20 of 34 Posts