·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Should I buy?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Only for a really good deal. You will have to spend a lot of time cleaning up those threads if you ever want to raise or lower the car. I suspect that they are frozen and that's why he is selling them. You can also get the Tein dampers rebuilt which might not be a bad idea. Depending on mileage, I would not pay more than $350 for them because they will need a lot of TLC.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
azninside said:
^^
^^^ :eek: damn! :eek: makes me want to go out immediately an clean my tein's ;) :D
:laugh: hahaa so should I buy em? Kinda rusty....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Those threads on those don't look THAT bad...it doesn't look like its been taken care of though...owner didn't put antiseize on them. The collars look pretty bad...looks like one of the indentations has been stripped. However, just cuz the threads are rusty doesn't mean that it needs to be rebuilt. Rebuilding only takes care of the inner valves and seals i believe. Rebuilding cost 100 per corner so, it ain't cheap.
I'm not sure how much i would pay for those...not sure i would even buy them. Mostly due to the collars. How are the rubber boots? Are they intact?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rubber boots have to be replaced

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
they look kinda rusty, if you're getting it for a good price i'd say get them, otherwise i'd say go look for another set - there's other used ones that pop up for sale here and there.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Girl n-a Lude said:
they look kinda rusty, if you're getting it for a good price i'd say get them, otherwise i'd say go look for another set - there's other used ones that pop up for sale here and there.
Thanks, this is what I was askin yesterday;)

I am getting em for $600 shipped w/ pillow ball mounts

·
Tyler
501 Posts
godfather16 said:
600$?
hmmmmmmmmmmm, I would rather get a new set! But that's me!

You won't be getting a new set for that price:p Especially with pillow ball mounts.

Those don't look too bad, I would just clean them up nice and put anti-sieze on them etc..

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
no problem with them, i bought mine used with pillowball mounts too, best purchase i've ever made

why buy new? once u put them on the car they become used anyway

·
I'm back!
1,161 Posts
I am perfectly aware of that, I do not expect to pay $600 for a new one, like it says above "THAT'S JUST ME"meaning I am willing to pay for more...............I paid $850 for mine..

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
godfather16 said:
I am perfectly aware of that, I do not expect to pay $600 for a new one, like it says above "THAT'S JUST ME"meaning I am willing to pay for more...............I paid $850 for mine..
w/ pillows thats a great price

·
Registered
622 Posts
thats pretty much what mine looked like wheni sent them for rebuilding. i got them back with cleaned threads, the rust scraped off and painted, and new locking rings. not to mention new internals.

i def recommend you rebuild if you buy those.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Those aren't that bad but that's based on that one picture. I need to see more of the shock to make final decision. To me those are worth more than 350 for sure though.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maybe I shoulda made this a poll, but THANKS for all the responses!!

I am still debating although it is very very tempting
Doesnt rebuilding cost $100 a corner, so I might aswell buy new b/c that will bring up te grand total to $400 plus shipping if it applies

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
if it's going to cost 100 a corner, might as well get a new set of teins. That picture doesn't look good, it makes me want to clean my teins every month now.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
those look horrible.....i clean mine every time i rotate my tires....maybe everyone should too....to keep em like new....my $.02

1 - 20 of 30 Posts