Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to doing my big brake swap on my S14.

FRONT
Powerslot frozen 300ZX rotors
300ZX Twin Turbo 4 piston calipers
Hawk HPS pads
Stainless steel lines
5 bolt hubs

REAR
Brembo blank rotors
Stock calipers
Hawk HPS pads
Stainless steel lines
5 bolt hubs

·
Registered
283 Posts
hmmm me an you gots the same nuts.... :rolleyes:
have you had any problems with adaptor for the lugs stripping out? I have gone through one already and the second one is giving me fits now...Those are some nice brakes...
how do you like your frozen rotors so far? I have had mine for a little over 7 months now and I love them...I am not going to go cheap on the pads next time though...
How hard is the conversion....I have read about it in a couple magazines...but it has been a while...

Looks good and keep it up...

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
I'm confused. You say you have a big brake swap, but the pictures show Z32 brakes. Do you have both and the pics aren't up to date, or what?

Anything else done do it?

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
typeshprelude98 said:
hmmm me an you gots the same nuts.... :rolleyes:
have you had any problems with adaptor for the lugs stripping out? I have gone through one already and the second one is giving me fits now...Those are some nice brakes...
how do you like your frozen rotors so far? I have had mine for a little over 7 months now and I love them...I am not going to go cheap on the pads next time though...
How hard is the conversion....I have read about it in a couple magazines...but it has been a while...

Looks good and keep it up...
no problems with the adapter so far, but then again they have only been torqued down once. As for the brakes I HAVEN'T even driven the car yet. I am still waiting on a couple bolts for the back. As for the conversion it's pretty simple unless your car has over 200K like mine :rolleyes:

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScottMan said:
I'm confused. You say you have a big brake swap, but the pictures show Z32 brakes. Do you have both and the pics aren't up to date, or what?

Anything else done do it?
I consider it a "big brake swap" since I was going from my stock single piston caliper to 4 piston calipers and from 9.8" rotors to 11" rotors. Brembo and rotora kits are too much $ to spend right now.

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
Oh okay...I was confused about which one you had. IMO you don't need any more than the Z32 brakes. The stock single-pistons will lock up the wheels (no ABS), they just fade quickly. I'm all about the Z32 swap. Looks like a clean conversion you did. :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts