Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got some new shoes on my 'Lude (BFGs). I just filed my tax return, and I'm getting about $1,000 back this year. I'm already spending it in my head.

Here goes:

I can get the left oil pressure sensor on my ATTS unit replaced. Bellevue Honda estimated it would be around $600.

or...

I can have my Centerforce Dual Friction clutch kit installed. I lack the workspace and most of my tools were stolen (out of my 84 'Lude) long before I bought the 97 SH. I've been sitting on this kit for a few months since I recently quit my job and bills have taken precedence over toys.

Which do you think I should do?

The lack of ATTS doesn't bother me that much, but I remember how much fun it was way back when it worked.

Side question time:

The place I bought the kit from advertised that it included the necessary throwout bearing, but it was not in the box when I got it. OEM bearings would work fine, right? No difference?

I've never had to pay to replace a clutch before, I've always done it myself. How much have you guys paid?

Unrelated, but FYI/warning story:

Shortly after I bought the car, I installed some Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs. I figured expensive means better, right? Two days later, the CEL popped on, and it turned out my EGR valve and ports were clogged all to hell. #4 cylinder misfire as well. Thankfully, it was a free repair due to an extended service bulletin from Honda (Free = AWESOME). The mechanic at Bellevue Honda later advised me against using non-iridium/non-OEM spark plugs in my Prelude. Maybe this is common knowledge to you guys, but it didn't occur to me. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see you live in bellevue thats close to my neck of the woods. Anyway theres a clutch shop across the street from lynnwood honda that said he'd install a clutch on my sh for $400. I don't know if thats a good price but I thought I throw that out there. He also said he has experience working on sh's

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see you live in bellevue thats close to my neck of the woods. Anyway theres a clutch shop across the street from lynnwood honda that said he'd install a clutch on my sh for $400. I don't know if thats a good price but I thought I throw that out there. He also said he has experience working on sh's
i think thats a decent price ( hey fellow Washington members! )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I'll just get the clutch kit put in. I can hold off on the ATTS fix for a while. Just ordered a throwout bearing, and spoke to the shop. They guesstimated about $400 for the job. Oh yeah, Washington FTW!!! (Except winter and fall...) Thanks for the help!!! Now I just need the tax return to show up...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may go to that. My car's practically stock, so I won't be showing it off or anything, but it might be cool to see other people's stuff. I think I may go with a Fidanza flywheel when I get the clutch done. Might as well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts