Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i'm not following all the tanabe stuff. hyper medallion, racing medallion, super medallion, wtf? which is the "best" one? i.e. the one for top end power, that would be their equivalent of the apexi N1, for example...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Victor I have the Super Medalion Hyper spec aka the hyper medalion.

It works well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the Tanabe SRM, great performance, however if you are looking for one that is not very loud, this one is not for you. It is very deep, I mean very deep, but very loud and droning at the same time. I ride around with my silencer on almost all the time. I love the sound without it on, but it gets very annoying, kinda fast. If you are looking for performance and dont really care if it is loud or not, its a great exhaust. Hope this helps you out a little bit. Later

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Hyper and Racing Medallion names for the exhausts. They are now called the Super Hyper or Racing Medallion. They added the super because the system is now full stainless steel and the piping gauge has been reduced to 1.2 mm. This allows the system to last forever and be lighter. As stated before, the Super Racing Medallion will give you the best power overall since it is an N1 style design. I myself have the Super Hyper Medallion and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

I hope that info was of some help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have had the RACING MEDALLION for about a year and a half now. i have gotten used to how it sounds. i just recognize it as how my car sounds. very happy with this system, but wish i would have had the option to get the SUPER RM when i bought mine. get the SRM. i will personally guarantee satisfaction.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had both the Apex`i N1 and the Tanabe SRM. I like the SRM much more since the fitment was much better also... the N1 hung really low under the car and I scraped on everything, but the SRM hugs the underside and I barely ever scrape anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts