Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting an exhaust for my 92 si. At first i really was interested in the DC catback system, but i heard it sounds like ****. So i continued to research and look for exhaust and i found and fell in love with the Tanabe racing madalion. The only problem is that i think it will look funny on my car with out a body kit. So im asking for you guy's opinion. Which exhaust do you like better in terms of looks(on a 92 si), performance and sound. Any suggestions for different exhausts are welcome too.
thanks
dave

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I recommend the Tanabe over the DC. I have the Tanabe G-Power and I love it, Cant go wrong with tanabe.

Ray

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have the dcsports stainless steel and it sounds the best, nice deeptone not fart cannon sound, and its fully stainless steel, better than trm

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the DC sports on my 92 Si and I personally think it sounds really good. I like the way it looks too cause it's more like a regular muffler instead of a coffee can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the DC catback has a "nice deep" sound, then what does the TRM have? cause im looking for a deep sound and then at higher rpms id like it to really scream. also does anyone have pictures of a 4g prelude with a DC catback on it?
thanks for the fast replies...
dave

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have DC on my 5th gen. absolutely love it. THe diff between DC and Tanabe is that DC is fully stainless. I personally would never buy a non fully stainless exhaust. There are so many posts on this topic here and in superhonda. do a search.

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OUT2WIN:
THe diff between DC and Tanabe is that DC is fully stainless. </font>
I'm betting that the flanges are mild steel just like on the headers.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
speechless...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
366 Posts
No offense, but I don't understand why so mnay people love the TRM. It just looks like it doesn't go with the car at all - just kinda hangs off there. Maybe it would look better with a kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a DC exhaust on my 5th gen, & I love the way it sounds. Nice 'n deep. But much to my disappointment, it's not completely stainless steel, like Gabe said. When I was shopping around, that was a huge factor for me - being COMPLETELY stainless steel. I've had the setup on for about 6 months, & it's rusting at the flanges on my header & exhaust. Maybe it's the rough New England winters or maybe it's just poor quality. Hope this helps you out. Good luck with which ever you choose.

·
Registered
211 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dsmatteson:
Im looking into getting an exhaust for my 92 si. At first i really was interested in the DC catback system, but i heard it sounds like ****. So i continued to research and look for exhaust and i found and fell in love with the Tanabe racing madalion. The only problem is that i think it will look funny on my car with out a body kit. So im asking for you guy's opinion. Which exhaust do you like better in terms of looks(on a 92 si), performance and sound. Any suggestions for different exhausts are welcome too.
thanks
dave
</font>
Tanabe Racing Medallion is definitely the way to go...I have one on my 4th Gen prelude...I love it...Sounds nice and deep, and has its own distinct tone...

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SilverLudeSi:
No offense, but I don't understand why so mnay people love the TRM. It just looks like it doesn't go with the car at all - just kinda hangs off there. Maybe it would look better with a kit.</font>
its called personal tastes buddy

·
Registered
603 Posts
tsrm install on SH not good?????

the tanabe super racing madalion supposedly doesn't fit the 5th gen SH too well but they told me the muffler shop can make it fit quite easily..... i already ordered the exhaust cuz i want it anyway... but does anyone know how hard this will be for expensive?

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Tanabe Racing Medallion is now available in stainless steel. It's called the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion. Its supposedly lighter then the original.

The TRM doesn't sound like a fart cannon. If you want something loud and very aggressive, TRM is the way to go. When not in the mood for the TRM, just slap on the silencer. I don't think the DCsports has silencers for their exhaust. Please someone correct me If I am wrong on that.

IMO, I would go with the TRM then DCSports. The TRM adds a racer appeal and as for the DCSports a more conservative look.

Go with what you want and good luck on your decision! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts