Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I have a problem with the G-Power over time since it is not stainless steel piping ? Would this be a reason not to purchase it ?? I know it sounds nice, but something like the Greddy is all stainless steal. I don't want the Tanabe to deteriorate over time. Is there a Greddy that could compare to the G-Power in sound and performace ??? Thanks

H

·
0 Posts
Most aftermarket exhausts just have a stainless steel muffler. Greddy just has a stainless muffler like everyone else, it is not full stainless like you think. Buy whatever you want, there are no huge advantages between most exhausts.

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
80 Posts
The DC Sports exhaust is full stainless as are Thermal's I believe? If you're really concerned about rusting get one of those. Doesn't really make a difference which exhaust you get, just get one that sounds and looks good to you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whoever told you it isn't stainless pipe is wrong. The pipe is SS just lower quality SS and it will get a little surface rust. The flanges and resonator are the only parts that aren't stainless.

I am the third owner for my G-medalion. Here are some pics of the repaint. The first one is after 2-3 years of being on different cars.

This one is after I used a wire wheel in my drill to remove the loose rust and ceramic.

Next came a coat of VHT exhaust paint.

Here's the installed unit.

------------------
Marshall McLean
97 Prelude SH
<A HREF="http://www.hondaprelude.to" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

My Home Page

[This message has been edited by Marsh (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
OG
2,040 Posts
looks good marsh! if only the rest of your car was as clean as the exhaust...

i know this may be a dumb question, but is the mugen SS all the way? i mean, it better damn well be for all that frickin' money. jeez.

------------------
Raman
AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair
99 Pearl White SS
Mods

·
Registered
474 Posts
My thermal is polished SS all they way... and sounds sweet...

Andres

------------------
1994 VTEC
Eibach Pro-kit, KYB AGX shocks, AEM CAI, AEM pullies, Thermal exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts