Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It takes me 2 tries to start the car. It started happening right when it started to get hot outside. If i run the car long enough and it gets hot enough then turn the car off for a few mins. IE: (fill car up w/ gas) it won't turn over first try. Like it seems like it turns on for a slight second but then turns off like i let out the clutch. After a few secs i try once more and it runs fine.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? maybe new spark plugs or something?

Thanks
-Erik

edit: 92 4th gen w/ 156K miles.

·
Registered
419 Posts
since you have a 92, I will say check your FI main relay under the driver's side console or do a search on "main relay".

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
apocalypse said:
could be your fuel pump
I actually replaced that less then a year ago. so it shouldn't be a problem.

genlude said:
since you have a 92, I will say check your FI main relay under the driver's side console or do a search on "main relay".
thanks for the help...seems like a few other ppl had the same problem, i will check 2morrow when i'm at work. hopefully its just that and not to expensive. will the problem slowly get worse? anyone have a picture of it? or is it labeled?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Wierd, when it's really hot out, my car JUMPS to a start. I always thought that it was b/c of the pressurization in the fuel system due to the expansion of the vapors...but I'm no mechanic.

J

·
Registered
148 Posts
This has happened to me before as well (i.e. getting gas). I have been told that the ignitor has been known to do this and won't supply a charge to start the car if it is overheated.

·
hi =)
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems like it could be multi. things. I could always do a tune up and tell them to check everything. if that doesn't work, i'll do the cheapest fix... and then go from there :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts