Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
game.....blouses
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not a lighting/electronics expert.... my taillight bulb went out. wha kind of bulb is it?

also, what about the bulb for the rear licence plate? i got pulled over for that a while ago, and never fixed it.

TIA

·
Holler
347 Posts
Correct me if im wrong...

- The rear turn signals takes a 7440 size bulb (large push-in, single filament)

- The rear brake lights takes a 7443 size bulb (large push-in, double filament)

- The license plate takes a 168/194 size bulb (small push-in, identical to those in your dome lights and 'city lights' in your head light)

·
game.....blouses
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx alot.... i believe it is the 7443, my friend was mentioning something about double filament

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
Just so you know you can use the 7443 in place of the 7440 in the turn signals. :) That is what I did for my turn signals since I could not find orange 7440’s.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
oh and when you install them try wearing gloves so that you dont get your finger oil on them and they burn out very quick and you sit there wondering why they burn out like crazy...lol

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
Make sure it just went out first. i thought mine had gone out and it actually fell out of the connector. I had to take out the whole taillight to get it out. I put it back in and it ended up falling out again. For some reason I'm not getting enough tension to keep the wedge in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts