Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some people say they've used Royal Purple in their trannys. Are we talking MTF, or just their synthetic oil (since Honda suggests 5W30)? Does it make that much of a difference on how smooth the tranny is?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know of someone who had problems with his tranny after using synthetic tranny fluid. I forget what the exact symptoms were but he was having problems and they couldn't figure it out. Then he switched back to normal tranny fluid and the problems were gone for good. If you want I can get his contact info and you can ask him what happened in his situation, perhaps it's different than yours. Or perhaps his problem was an isolated one.

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I've heard of people having trouble with Royal Purple AND Redline.

COOL! IT'S THE GENERAL LEE!!!

------------------
This is a special week...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Redline Synthetic SUCKS! I took it out REAL fast because I noticed I was getting gear grinds at higher revs. I since am running regular 10w30 oil. Seems to be much smoother and I'm not getting as many gear grinds. I figure if it breaks down faster, I will just change it sooner

Just my 2 cents....

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts