Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be sacrilege in it's utmost form, but have any of you considered the upgrade from prelude to RSX Type S? I have to admit I have been considering it for the past couple of years. Often I look at Vivid Blue Pearl 05-06 Type S' and wonder should I find a good EBP 5 spd instead, but I dunno. You guys have to try and sway me. Any thoughts on this. I'll never sell my Lude. I often want another one, truth be told, but think the RSX may offer more options, and aid in longevity. Insight is appreciated. This is not a competitive discussion, merely, is it valid. Is the extra money worth it, truly, in your eyes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
my friend has a white type-s i love my prelude but if i could finance one i would ,there
really a fun car to drive worth the money for the power.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sometimes think about selling my prelude for something "newer" but then I walk towards my car to go somewhere and think, damn it's still damn sexy and paid off. I've even went to test drive other cars and my prelude still feels better especially the clutch. I sort of raced an RSX type S with my 4th gen but I had a passenger in the car and luggage with a leaking exhaust. 70-120mph he eventually passed me at around 115mph but it was a slow pass and he had no passengers although it looked stock. I would like to test it again from the line and no passengers (I don't like to endanger others in my car). Having that 6th gear was to his advantage for that high speed range but I'm all about the 0-80 since ludes aren't about top speed.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
If you plan on seriously modding, I'd say yes. The RSX platform is MUCH better than the Prelude. The K20 is a better motor, as well as more responsive to mods and especially to boost.

Don't listen to anyone who is trying to tell you the prelude is faster/better to mod, they're idiots.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ive given thought to it and have looked for ones on sale but kinda expensive for rough times. I test drove a friends and the only thing i wasnt to happy with was the cabin space, esp driver area. I felt very tight and it made me uncomfortable driving. But it does handle well, shift throws are shorter, and the power felt slightly stronger but not by alot.
Then again I also like apppearance and for some reason when i see his car (stock) parked outside his house, I feel like a girl owns it. It just doesnt give off a manly vibe like a prelude does. and its small and boxy. I guess im attracted to the preludes length and weight. And oh yea the mods are more expensive, when i thought the lude parts were already expensive. But yea I'd def buy it and keep the lude as well, but not give up my lude.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I've contemplated it a couple times but in the end they're more expensive than they're worth. For the price of a '05 - '06 RSX-S you can get a '04 - '05 G35 or Z which IMO are better in every way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say go for it. I would have gone with one myself at one point in time, but insurance was not cool:mad: I'm always impressed with the dyno results I've seen at the local shop w/basic bolt ons.:bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts