Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Sup?! Alright, yesterday, when I was replacing my upper right control arm, I had planned on replacing the shredded endlink bushings for the swaybar, but was unable to. The endlink bolt is L-shaped, and the bolt that sticks out through the inside of the actual swaybar end won't come out (it just turns w/ the ball joint). I then tried to unbolt the lowest control arm piece, which would allow the endlink bolt (facing the ground) to be taken off, and would allow the bushings to be replaced, but this bolt wouldn't come off for the life of me.

Here's my question--should I just spray the bolt w/ liquid wrench, and use an impact wrench, or use the spray, and just use a ratchet wrench to torque the bolt free, while holding the other bolt w/ a combo wrench? Is it wise to use impact wrenches to free control arm bolts, b/c this things is just not coming loose, and I NEED to replace the endlink bushings...

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please, anybody? I'm sure you many of you have a Helms, and have used impact wrenches before...

J

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If its anything like the 5th gen, you need to put an allen key wrench through the shaft of the endlink, and then use an open end wrench to loosen up the nut.

Go take another look at your endlink, you'll notice that the end of the shaft has a groove to put an allen key in it.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I'll check it out tomorrow--I REALLY gotta get these new bushings in, b/c my old ones are DESTROYED on the right side (side giving me the most trouble w/ control arms, etc.).

J

·
Registered
292 Posts
hes right, you definately need an allen key to do it. an impact wrench will not help you AT all (the ball joint will just let it spin). i ended up stripping that allen key hole when taking my stock bar off, and had to use vice grips to tighten them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts