Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all front and rear lower and engine mount sway bars made equally regardless of brand?

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
no. DC sports i hear makes pretty ones, but they are less functionable (is that a word?)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Are Strut Tower bars functional-of course. They are used to stiffen the tops of the towers which helps handling as there is less deflection-therefore camber alignment is tighter. Who you say makes the best upper bars for 5th gens (that's what I have)-I have a Neuspeed in front and a Spoon in the rear upper. Why-because they are totally rigid.
It is my opinion and that of several manufacturers that a rear lower bar is not needed-only DC seems to have one and it flexes.

Sway bars are a different story. The 2 big names are Neuspeed and Suspension Techniques. I prefer the Neuspeed. The design of each products takes a lot of things into consideration. Check out the article in the May issue of SCC-good explanation.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
If you want strut bars for function over form, dont bother with DC sports - they are mainly for looks. They are also easy to bend unlinke other brands like nuespeed and spoon. Basically, they are crap for strut bars - using aircraft aluminum for their bars isn't spectacular. i guess it's the aura of "aircraft aluminum" that attracts people to them. here is a very good suspension primer with some use of physics to help you better understand how strut bars work. http://e30m3performance.com/myths/myths.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts