Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah.. after bad weather.. finishing my father's dune buggy.... and being busy with school my friends are helpin' a girl out.. but something about a motor mount and fitting wrong on the drivers side?

i dunno.. they said something about 3 holes on the jdm engine for the motor mount.. i can't get home b/c i'm sick but does anyone know what on earth they are talking about? whatever it is they said something about threading something :eek: but whatever.. they do these import things all the time.. i was just curious for my own knowledge... otherwise everything else went fine...

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
yep... not sure exactly what the driver's side motor mount problem is, but apparently it exists... unfortunately for me, i overpayed a shop to put my engine in when i was desperate for a working car, so i never got to find out for myself...

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe... i'll get the explanation from my dad... i was desperate too :laugh: but they're going to try to start it tomorrow :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of engine are you dropping in. If it's the same type why would you drill or redo a engine mount when the engine is the same.

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
MonoDJ123 said:
What kind of engine are you dropping in. If it's the same type why would you drill or redo a engine mount when the engine is the same.
the driver's side mount for (left side, to make it simple) the JDM B20A doesn't quite match up with the mount for the USDM B20A5 and B21A1... thus you have to modify it a little bit to get it to work...

·
Registered
160 Posts
or you pull the mounts off of yours and put them on them on the b20a... i had to take the b21 mounts off and put them on the b20a.... it wasn't difficult...

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my swaps been done.... the motor mounts from my old car were actually broken i found out.... the weird noise i heard from after my timing belt was replaced were cracked motor mounts :mad:

so they had to be replaced anyway.. just a modification and it's just fine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts