Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding good information about swapping out the automatic transmission in the wife's 95 Prelude Si for a manual. Is there a clear resource for what donor cars can be used as a source for the manual?
Car has the H23a1 engine with 60,000 miles on it and it's only got a small spot of rust starting on the moon roof so it's definitely worth putting the effort into.

Problem is that I don't have the space for another project that doesn't get finished quickly. So if I have to spend a lot of time researching parts, it isn't going to work out. If it's a straight swap that I can get done in a couple weekends, it'll work just fine.

All of which leads to the ultimate question; do I swap the transmission or just sell the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having trouble finding good information about swapping out the automatic transmission in the wife's 95 Prelude Si for a manual. Is there a clear resource for what donor cars can be used as a source for the manual?

Car has the H23a1 engine with 60,000 miles on it and it's only got a small spot of rust starting on the moon roof so it's definitely worth putting the effort into.

Problem is that I don't have the space for another project that doesn't get finished quickly. So if I have to spend a lot of time researching parts, it isn't going to work out. If it's a straight swap that I can get done in a couple weekends, it'll work just fine.

All of which leads to the ultimate question; do I swap the transmission or just sell the car?

If you lived close by I’d offer to help. I’ve done the manual swap a few times on my own car. Either that or I’d offer to trade you my five speed f20b swapped cg6 accord . Anyways you can do that swap in a day if you can find a garage willing to let you use the space. I can help with a parts list and everything if you needed it. But you probably already know how to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only pulled a tranny on my Gen3 and put in a new clutch. That was a hard 20 hours because of the learning curve of pulling my first transmission.

I'm guessing a swap is going to take you 40 fresh hours. Not the kinda hours where you're beat after work and can't think straight. Then I read more and you said 60,000 miles? Hell yah. You need a full donor car, however. That will be a project in itself depending on your local options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts