Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one have a Suspension Techniques Sway Bar or their 5th Gen Prelude Type SH ...

What do you guys think of them ...

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
Pushing this up...I'm kinda wondering about this mod too. How is the fitment on this? Any problems in installation? Is there a night-and-day difference after installing this?

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I have the sus tech. lower bars, front and rear. I can't tell about the fitment b/c I did not put them on myself.
Frickin' great mod though-you can really slice through those curves

------------------

That's a nice prelude-I'd pay fifty dollars for one!
http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=10306

·
Registered
149 Posts
heard for the Gen4, the ST front bar is the same thickness as the stock size....but the rear is thicker....

beats me why they would have a front bar with the same thickness as the stock bar...

anyone know why?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
heard for the Gen4, the ST front bar is the same thickness as the stock size....but the rear is thicker....

beats me why they would have a front bar with the same thickness as the stock bar...

anyone know why?
</font>
i dunno if it applies to 4th gens but it does to 5th. it might be cause the stock bats hollow.

and ODL, what the heck was that post with "=D" as the subject that just appeared and disappeared??

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
are u sure stock is hollow? does not make sense for a torsion bar to be hollow even if its stock.</font>
Why? Haven't you ever seen sway bars that are hollow? Pick up the stock one, it's very light. The ST bar is much heavier. Besides, it's not the thickness that matters, it's the stiffness.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I just installed the rear ST bar two weeks ago: fitment was perfect, install took like 45min and it looks/feels great. My tires were too bald, so i didn't have the balls to attempt to kick out the rear.
ONe note, putting the new one in is a ***** because everything seems to be in the way, and i had to end up moving the rear driver's side jack stand over to the front to give me room to wiggle the damn bar around. But that's about it....simple logistic problems

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

·
12,807 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is the best mod i have brought so far, got mine from Options for 218 shipped, the rear is the best, i experience to much roll, but when i put these on, it was night and day expecially with the right tires (perellies Asemetricos). The rear was a ***** cus the holes are not big enought for the stock end links so i had to drill them to fit, but no big deal.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SensaiGen5:
The rear was a ***** cus the holes are not big enought for the stock end links so i had to drill them to fit, but no big deal.
</font>
But that's only for the first shipment of rear sway bars. If you purchase one now, you shouldn't have any problems. At least, i didn't have any problems fitting the endlinks on.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts