Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was at a car meet the other day and a guy offered to hook me up with the following pieces off his 5th gen base model: Skunk2 coilovers with Tokico Blue struts (front and rear). Even though they were on a base model, can they be installed on the SH?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
yuppers, altho, its not a good idea to buy used struts

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You wouldn't buy used suspension because you don't trust the seller or because it doesn't perform correctly after being re-installed?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
cuz

1. you dont know if theyre blown or not

2. they wont last as long as ones that you bought brand new

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the guy selling them only has 8,000 miles on his car :)
he just got Teins, lucky :bigthumb:

Anyone know if the skunk2 coilovers with tokico blues would be a good setup? Ride quality is my main concern, but I'd like a little better handling too.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
i dont see anything wrong with buying used springs/coilovers, they cant be "blown out" like struts, but I wouldnt buy used struts unless they were used for a small mileage

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well to clarify, he's selling the coilovers with struts for $150. For that price I'm not going to ask him to break up the set. Anyone know if the Skunk2 coilovers and Tokico blue's are a good setup? I don't know of many Prelude owners who use Skunk2 coilovers, I'm wondering if they are extremely stiff? How low can you drop an SH before the CV boots rip?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts