Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is an average charge for labor to install a totally new suspension(shocks/springs)? After doing much research I am still wondering if I should go tokico HR or Illumina. My car is a daily driver and I do not race. I just want a nice comfortable ride.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
134 Posts
100-150 per strut is about an average if done by legit shop. So around 400-600
I'd recommend finding a friend, neighbor, uncle, whom ever that is that has a little backround working on cars that might be able to help you cause its not to hard to figure out, and is worth saving the money. I learned on my old crx with no help or knowledge, just a long night in my garage, and the outcomes were good, the car still stands after 8 years. helms manuals are good.

·
2001 SS SSM Prelude
559 Posts
100-150 per strut? whoa!

I got my professionally installed by a guy who does the entire city's imports and got mine done for 200 for all 4 :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the setup come with instructions? Do I need any other hardware besides the struts and springs that I am changing? What is an approximate time to complete the job?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does the setup come with instructions? Do I need any other hardware besides the struts and springs that I am changing? What is an approximate time to complete the job?
No you shouldn't need any extra parts. You will need a torque wrench, download the helms manual on the web to get you proper torque specs, that will also give you detailed removal and install instructions, I'll pm you the site to make this thread legit. I recommend getting coilovers on your setup, if you want the option to adjust your ride height winter/summer or what ever. The time it takes for the whole thing varies from person to person so give yourself a half a day, or if you have help it could take a couple hours.

·
Registered
190 Posts
exactly do you **** for free. its not as hard as it looks
thats what they all sayy.. but can u please describe the process a little ..i got my tein springs.. i do not wanna spend 200 on them to get them installed.. i dont have that many tools..

is there any DIY on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts