Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my lude but want to add more speed to it I only have 19k on it and its an 01 sport shift. What would be better performence and reliability wise ? Please help me out I dont want to make a bad move.....

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
wrong forum buddy...post this in the Forced Induction Fourm.

And check the archieves they have on the SC and TC.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well no matter which way you go the SS wont hold up....dont even think about boosting unless you get a 5 speed swap

oh yea, welcome

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
not really..he can SC an auto tranny..but he will lose about 20 hp. The tranny will hold up if maintained properly.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
which means he has to spend a bit more in the first place....im sure it can hold up....but for how long?

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Dont mind the SS haters, you can SC a SS and it will hold up, just do your regularly scheduled trans flushes and you will be ok. Pm Sharkcohen, he has a JRSC on his and he is running 9psi and he has no problems, and he drives his alot he says. I myself will be running a Jrsc on mine, although i am gettin a new trans put in this week. Turbo they say beats on the trans harder than a SC, it seems weird but i guess it's true.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
IBTM...

Read up in the Forced Induction forum. Several members have successfully gone the JRSC way on SS, including Sharkcohen who is currently running at 9 psi.

Theres quite a few ludes who have gone either way with an SS; search and you shall find all you wanted to know and probably more. ;)

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
there are a few examples of SS lude transmissions that have broken from FI. My auto started slipping slightly from 6lb jrsc, i just figured what the hey and changed it out. TurboEvo's prelude was running Greddy Turbo and the transmission croaked on him as well. However there are many prime examples of SS ludes that have held up to FI abuse - especially shark's!, but my personally opinion is that its slightly more risky doing this to an auto tranny as opposed to a manual.

·
Baller....
565 Posts
yeah shark, you gonna stay SS or do the swap. I thought about the swap since my trans is bad, but to me it just doesnt feel right,i think it would make the car feel kinda ghetto since it wasnt factory installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts