Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the May issue of Super Street in the mail today and I was reading the letter section. I guy wrote them asking to see more preludes and their response was: "Getting more Preludes featured in the magazine is definitely a priority for us, but the only problem is we can't find any! So all you lude owners out there, hear us: SEND US PICTURES OF YOUR PRELUDES SO WE CAN FIND YOU!"
So all you guys with the hooked up ludes let Super Street know, maybe they'll do a article about ya. peace

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I read that article and was not happy with the reponse that they had.

Your quote was a little off, here is their response, word for word.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Getting more Preludes featured in the magazine is a definite priority for us, but the only problem is we can't find any really cool ones. So all you Lude owners out there, hear us: send us pictures of your Preludes so we can find you! We aren't telepathic(more like pathetic), so we need your help. Were listening...you just have to respond.</font>
IMHO they are looking for rice more than anything else. I have formed this opinion from thumbing through the readers rides. It appeared to me that the clean looking nice rides were placed towards the back and mostly in black and white.

Now if you stick a 20 foot wing, 50 stickers and put as much rice as you can on your Prelude they might do a feature on it.

I think that most Prelude owners have better taste than that though, thus, you won'
t be seeing too many Preludes in there.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">we can't find any really cool ones</font>
ROTFL......ummmm....no....you can find a "LOT" of cool ones but not enough riced out phat gangsta rides yo.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

[This message has been edited by VeeTec (edited April 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
DAMN, It's bout' time....I worte a long ass post on another board bout this, and there were so many people that aggreed. But others brought up tha point bout it might be kinda good that the lude is not on tha cover of every magazie just because that means the lude will remain a rare sight unlike the civics, accords, teggies, etc...But I always firgured that the prelude was always part of the "sports car" part of the honda family but yet it gets no coverage what so ever. Every time I get one of my import magazines i am constantley looking for ludes but have only seen one or two on rare occasions over the last year and half. Then when they do cover a prelude it really is not done that well or there is nothing spectacular or diffrent about it. Neways I'm lookin' foward to seein some Strong Prelues Represent. It might even be nice to see some more preludes in tha readers ride...lol...

~SpeedCrazie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Did you guys see this months reader's rides? How many rolls of vinyl, pounds of chrome, and 3 foot high wings did you see? All rice, and the only nice cars they have are 100% JDM. Come on, this issue was a tribute to a damn NEON. I'm cool on being in Super Street.

JP

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
I read that article and was not happy with the reponse that they had.

Your quote was a little off, here is their response, word for word.

ROTFL......ummmm....no....you can find a "LOT" of cool ones but not enough riced out phat gangsta rides yo.

</font>
I don't understand where your coming from with not being happy about their response? My quote was right on except I left out the pathetic thing. They were complimenting preludes. I know many of you may not care about getting your ride in a magazine but for some people that is a goal. And it would be good for exposure to get a sponsor or promote your business in James' case. Can't please everyone I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Call me selfish but I dont want my Prelude to be between the pages of Neons and Focuses. I have come to the conclusion that all automotive magazines (specifically import) are mindless babble and the only reason they exist is to sell advertising for companies like APC or Matrix.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I was simply stating that they said they can't find any really "cool" ones, and IMHO their definition of cool was a bit ricey.

I think that there are plenty of "cool" Preludes out there, they just don't have the same definition of cool as a lot of Prelude owners have.

Or should I say they don't have the same taste.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
I was simply stating that they said they can't find any really "cool" ones, and IMHO their definition of cool was a bit ricey.

I think that there are plenty of "cool" Preludes out there, they just don't have the same definition of cool as a lot of Prelude owners have.

Or should I say they don't have the same taste.

</font>
Agreed

G

·
I'd rather have my Prelude posted on sohcpower's page, and get 2-3 visitors that will appreciate it because its a Prelude, not because it is a refrigerator..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Super Street sucks, I hope they see this post. The wrote a horrible articel on hondaprelude.com.......they have the article there if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wasn't praising Super Street in any way by posting this thread. I was just letting everyone know they were looking for ludes in case someone on here was looking for some exposure(even if it is Super Street). Sorry fellas, didn't mean to step on any toes.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
am i the only guy here that actually likes super street????

i subscribe to super street and import tuner. i was going to go for SCC too a few months ago but decided they suck

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
am i the only guy here that actually likes super street????

i subscribe to super street and import tuner. i was going to go for SCC too a few months ago but decided they suck

</font>
I subscribe to Super Street and Import Tuner also. I agree that SCC does suck.
Super Street isn't bad for $10 a year.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Superstreet is $12 a year. Its kinda true that i usually look at the ads in the mag for new products mo0re than the rides.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

1 - 20 of 37 Posts