Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man, my sunroof motor sounds like its about to go. Opening the room, the motor struggles, and then the whole sunroof glass part kinda shutters as it moves back. Closing the roof is ok, but not great. sounds like the motor might be struggling a little on this too. I may just try some
WD-40 on the roof tracks to see if it just needs lubed (i hope)

Anyone know how much a new motor for the roof costs?

------------------
1997 Prelude SH
Eagle F1 tires
Iceman CAI,
cleared side markers
Cleared signals
JDM fogs
Clifford G4 alarm
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gen Five:
oh man, my sunroof motor sounds like its about to go. Opening the room, the motor struggles, and then the whole sunroof glass part kinda shutters as it moves back. Closing the roof is ok, but not great. sounds like the motor might be struggling a little on this too. I may just try some
WD-40 on the roof tracks to see if it just needs lubed (i hope)

Anyone know how much a new motor for the roof costs?
</font>
Try some white lithium grease first.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Try some white lithium grease first.

</font>
I second that. It's what Honda recommends and when my sunroof started to "jump" when I opened it I got some and lubed the rails. It works pretty well, no more shaking. It's rather cheap too, I got mine for less than $7 at the dealer.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Princess Halani:
mine is kinda doing that too... Where can u find some lithium grease?</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
It's rather cheap too, I got mine for less than $7 at the dealer.</font>


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
Summummabeach, you're a mod on OT now too???!!!!! You focker! :D Congrats, but wtf is going on? You've become a moderator in two forums in less than 2 months :confused: The world is gonna end :(</font>
 

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
Joined
·
5,891 Posts
You know Matt, I'm actually surprised you didn't call me first thing when this started to happen. Am I losing my touch or what?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Mine does this too. Like an old hag, seems like it needs some lubrication.

Daniel

grnlude97
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well ryan, since your car is brand friken new, i wouldn't expect you to know about these things, and besides..you're a jackass


Anyway, thanks for the help guys and i'm hoping and praying that its not that motor going bad. I will try WD-40, then the lithium grease if that doesn't work.

------------------
1997 Prelude SH
Eagle F1 tires
Iceman CAI,
cleared side markers
Cleared signals
JDM fogs
Clifford G4 alarm
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gen Five:
well ryan, since your car is brand friken new, i wouldn't expect you to know about these things, and besides..you're a jackass


Anyway, thanks for the help guys and i'm hoping and praying that its not that motor going bad. I will try WD-40, then the lithium grease if that doesn't work.
</font>
I wouldn't bother with WD40. WD40 has some solvents in it that will dissolve the existing grease, and perhaps make the problem worse. If you set on using some type of spray lubricant, I would use a dry synthetic teflon spray lubricant.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
PO.com veteran
Joined
·
3,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
If you set on using some type of spray lubricant, I would use a dry synthetic teflon spray lubricant.
</font>
White lithium grease is available in an aerosol.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by U.K VTEC:
White lithium grease is available in an aerosol.

</font>
Yep, mine came in an aerosol can. The can of white lithium grease which can be purchased at the dealer comes in a spray can.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top