I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
gull wing doors i believe

and no, not worth it i think to do the full conversion it's like $6000

maybe for bling and car shows but otherwise not worth it

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
im not sure our doors can be made to open like that because look at the shape of the murcielago doors, the sides of it slant backwards so that they can lift straight up, but our doors curve inwards so unless u somehow could rig it to pop out and then move up...too complicated IMO

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Someone makes a kit for those, but I can't remember their name right now. Suicide doors are the doors that open backwards (popular on hot rods). I think ice1cube is right, the lambos have gull-wing doors.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
No... Lambo's have Lambo style doors. The Delorean and other older cars had gull-style doors.

I've heard the work is usually custom and costs between $1k-2k per door. I don't think alot of people like to do it because its very difficult to achieve considering its mostly custom... at least for cars like the Prelude.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw a civic with door that opened like that....hesaid the kit ran him like $900 bucks. and his doors opened upwards similar to the lambos, but they were not called gull-wings. The gull-wings open up like this....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Ya, they are called lambo doors. Probably around $2500 to $3000.
It can def be done to the prelude.
But, not meant for daily drivin, mostly for show purposes.
You can get it done where its done right but probably alot more $$$

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
They are scissor or jack-knife doors, the McLaren has Butterfly doors. The difference between the two is that the scissor doors swing straight up on one axis. Butterfly doors not only swing up but also out. Think of them as a cross-between a Gull-wing and a scissor style.

·
Registered
409 Posts
what about the koenigsegg CC doors, what are those called, lol. I think those are the coolest.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
gull wing

To get exact lambo doors where it opens straight up is not impossible cause anything is possible with money but it is very hard. if you look at the lambo you can see the top of teh door isn't blocked by anything where as other car doors are, also the lock is the opposite of ours, it locks down not sideways. You can buy a part that you install where the door hinge is now. What it does is, you open the door normally for about 6 inches and then push teh door up. You can get a manual one where you open the door and push it up or motorized like the diablo where you open it and it will push itself up. Hope that helps.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
For some reason the pic didn't work and I don't want to fix it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts