Honda Prelude Online banner

Suggested Short Shifter Kits

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  thatchmaster 
#1 ·
After a gruesome 5hr. UUC short shifter install on my neighbor's m3, i've decided that its time the lude got one. So far i know of three: Pure Racing, DC Sports, and Neuspeed. Is there one i should be gravitating towards more? Do they all have the same reduction? I was looking around and i heard the neuspeed is about 20% and the DC sports is somewhere between 30-50%(heard all different answers) Looking for guidance here!

#5 ·
i am very unhappy with my DC Sports adapter. It made the shifting notchy, and it doesn;t feel like it helped at all. I never missed a shift until i got the kit. I'm taking it out as soon as i get off my lazy arse and do it. wanna buy a DC Sports adapter?

-Chris
mxyzptlk@home.com

------------------

#7 ·
I'm using the Pure kit and it lets you set it in 5 different places. Three with the center console in place and 2 without it (racing throws) I use the street throw with the center console on the most aggresive of the three options. When I got it there was a lot of rubbing especially in 5th gear so I just ground off everything but the hole I needed and it's worked perfect ever since. I also used to have an occasional grind from the 1-->2 shift but that's been non-existent ever since the kit.

#8 ·
Ok i definately want the Pure short shifter kit because of those 5 options! So wait you can't use two of them with the console on at all??? Anyone know where i can pick one of these up? I don't believe they are manufactured anymore but i could be wrong.

#9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tony:
Ok i definately want the Pure short shifter kit because of those 5 options! So wait you can't use two of them with the console on at all??? Anyone know where i can pick one of these up? I don't believe they are manufactured anymore but i could be wrong.</font>
Just shift faster.....save your money.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

Joon525@Honda-Acura.net

#10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tony:
Ok i definately want the Pure short shifter kit because of those 5 options! So wait you can't use two of them with the console on at all??? Anyone know where i can pick one of these up? I don't believe they are manufactured anymore but i could be wrong.</font>
Yeah two of the options are called "race" options and the throw is much more but the cable sits so high you can't use your center console. As for getting one...somone was selling one on the Forsale pages not too long ago...either that or ebay. I don't know what ever happened to Allen he's the one that was making them.

#11 ·
i agree about the DC. it sucks. i'm taking mine off when i get the chance.

the throw is shorter, but it's really stiff and no amount of grinding away at the boot frame will keep 5th gear from rubbing / pressing against the console.

#12 ·
I made my own short shifter, I saw how my friends DC sport worked and was like " y am i gonna pay 50-80 to raise that cable?" So i consturcted my own little adapter. It felt just like my friends DC shifter, A bit notchy but tolerable. I took it off because i heard that it could be messing up my transmition. My friend had his shifter on for about 15,000 miles and his transmition blew. Not sure if the shifter was the cause but i didn't want to take a chance. Does anyone know for a fact that rasing the cable has no negative effect on the transmition? I don't know how the tranmition works so i don't know if the cable going in at that raised angle hurts the transmition. If anyone has some thoughts please let me know

#14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i agree about the DC. it sucks. i'm taking mine off when i get the chance.

the throw is shorter, but it's really stiff and no amount of grinding away at the boot frame will keep 5th gear from rubbing / pressing against the console.
</font>
I don't know about the DC adapter, but the neuspeed one is small and a little filing of the boot frame in the 5th gear/reverse area of the frame relieves all rubbing.

#15 ·
If this is a 4th gen Prelude, I suggest the C's shifter. It is the complete shifter, not just the adapter. if it is a 5th gen then the Pure racing is the way to go.

------------------

B Spec WRX. I think I want mine to look like this. WOW!!!

#16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
If this is a 4th gen Prelude, I suggest the C's shifter. It is the complete shifter, not just the adapter. if it is a 5th gen then the Pure racing is the way to go.

</font>
Yeah i have a 5th gen so i guess the search for the pure racing is on? One more question, joon's post really has me thinking...does the short shifter really make a difference if you can already shift quickly?

#19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:

</font>

where can i get a C's shifter...and how much dough am i lookin at?

------------------
1994 Black Prelude 2.3L DOHC 5-speed

#23 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
sorry but I think the company went belly up
The funny thing was that they only seemed to sell prelude 5th gen short shifters. Can't make a business off that
</font>
They also made a center harness bar that I have installed on my car that's extremely high quality.

#24 ·
98lude -- email'd you

-Erik

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.