Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure if anyone else has experienced with problem but my fuel door won't "pop" open when i pull the lever. it never used to be this bad but it never really worked as well as my accord and its gotten to a point where it just doesn't even unlock. last night when i was getting gas after work, i literally had to pry my fuel door open with my key in order to pump gas....... :(

any advice or solutions regarding this problem? please let me know.

thanks in advance.

·
H22-Turbo 4WS Beast
1,384 Posts
mine had a similar problem. I propped mine in the up position by sticking my key under it, then the dorr would swing open even though it wouldn't "pop"

·
Because Raptor!
955 Posts
On my 4th gen I had this problem. All I had to do to fix it was get a new spring for the fuel door. Mine was missing. I'm not sure this is the problem but it might be worth looking into. IIRC the spring was only a couple dollars.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does the door move freely? grease/oil it up.
check the cable to see if it got loose.
once its open, it moves fairly easily for a 12 year old car but i'll definitely spray some oil on it. what cable should i check and where is it located?

On my 4th gen I had this problem. All I had to do to fix it was get a new spring for the fuel door. Mine was missing. I'm not sure this is the problem but it might be worth looking into. IIRC the spring was only a couple dollars.
what spring was it, and where can i get one?

·
Granny Shifter
247 Posts
Also try tweaking the tab on the door that the latch goes into. It may just be hanging up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts