Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving on the freeway last night and i noticed that when i'm driving around 100kph i get this annoying high pitched resonant noise coming from driver's side a-pillar??? what the heck is this? when i slow down, it goes away. i'm 100% sure all my windows and sunroof was closed shut. anyone getting this sound?

i noticed this only after my thermal stealth exhaust was installed. the exhaust is so deep that things rattle in the car (such as my visors, sunroof, passenger seat belt). but i get a feeling that the tone is JUSt enough to set off some natural resonant frequencies of the body or something???

am i on crack?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i had to step out... its a very windy day today -- i noticed the sound comes out then the wind is blowing hard, not just when i'm going 100kph.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
You wanna hear a weird sound? Try this:

Sunroof open, windows closed, rear seatback folded DOWN, no wind outside. Drive @ 20-25 mph until you find "the zone." You get this really low-pitched hum. Kinda like the time I had too much vodka on an empty stomach.

------------------
My new mechanic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.