Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone......recently alot of my friends rids are getting stolen week after week, which is getting me Pissed.....I was talking to a guy i work with at the honda dealership and he was telling me about how he installed a fuel cut off switch to his car, like a ignition cut off switch......and with all i invested into the purchase of the car and aftermarket part, im looking to do this ....i wanted to know your expert opinions on if this is possible and how i can do this myself......If any of you know of any other security devices let me in on the info........right not i just have a stock honda alarm, and lo jack.......

BTW....how do you boost up the sensitivity of you alarm??......

thanks
JC

·
Registered
532 Posts
For a fuel cut off you basically tap a switch into the power line for your fuel pump...i think its a yellow wire. Youll want to hide it pretty good...another option is wiring a switch up the ignition.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a Keypad starter disable hooked up to my starter wire under the steering console. When u try to start the car it wont start until u punch in the right numbers on the keypad, i could take pics but i dont have anywhere to host them, if anyone was interested in it.

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
EVeryone I talk to says Lo-Jack blows... only the Staties have it and use it or something to that effect.

One thing I've heard of is something you install to lock your shifter. I'm going to look into it because even if they can get the car started, if they can't shift, it isn't going anywhere. :)

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
its called the AUTOLOCK......another thing you might want to do is if you have some expensive rims or such insure them...

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
its called the AUTOLOCK......another thing you might want to do is if you have some expensive rims or such insure them...
Where can you get that?

EDIT- Just did a Google search on it and I don't think thats what I'm talking about, though I'm not positive because I've never actually seen it. I thought this was something that actually locked your SHIFTER, not your clutch or brake.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Porschify said:
I have a Keypad starter disable hooked up to my starter wire under the steering console. When u try to start the car it wont start until u punch in the right numbers on the keypad, i could take pics but i dont have anywhere to host them, if anyone was interested in it.
Send me the pics at [email protected] and i can host them for ya.

·
ricersmakethebabyjesuscry
633 Posts
clifford alarms have a fuel cut off

and i what do you mean by a stock honda alarm? do you mean the remote lock/unlock or the ghetto ass karr alarm? cuz if you have either then you really have nothing...

how could you possibly invest so much on your car and not on an alarm? :nono:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DjChowFun said:

how could you possibly invest so much on your car and not on an alarm? :nono:
You know how that goes............exhaust, shocks, srpings, pullies.......or an alarm which i already have??.......$800(lo-jack) and another $500 (honda alarm which is the stupidest thing ive invested in) isnt enough to invest in security ontop of what i ppayed for the car brand new??? how much you invest in security??? ...... the lock/unlock remote key isnt an alarm....... i have the alarm thats installed by the dealership no clue on brands..... but im def looking into the brake lock to put on my clutch, and fuel, ignition cut offs.........the only way there stealing my car is flat bedding it....and there def not goign to be able to get a flat bed near my house late at night....... thanks for all the info

JC

·
Registered
385 Posts
did'nt someone do a post about our car being like the 5th most stolen automobile or something like that?

Thats pretty funny since the Prelude wasnt a very highly produced car like Civic's and Accord's.

I'm not going to lie.. I've got all that money wrapped up into my car and dont have an alarm either. I should be looking at getting a CompuStar alarm.

·
ricersmakethebabyjesuscry
633 Posts
iLCaPo said:

You know how that goes............exhaust, shocks, srpings, pullies.......or an alarm which i already have??.......$800(lo-jack) and another $500 (honda alarm which is the stupidest thing ive invested in) isnt enough to invest in security ontop of what i ppayed for the car brand new??? how much you invest in security??? ...... the lock/unlock remote key isnt an alarm....... i have the alarm thats installed by the dealership no clue on brands..... but im def looking into the brake lock to put on my clutch, and fuel, ignition cut offs.........the only way there stealing my car is flat bedding it....and there def not goign to be able to get a flat bed near my house late at night....... thanks for all the info

JC
if you got the alarm from the dealer than it's a karr alarm, which i bet every theif knows how to disable since EVERY dealer installs it in the SAME PLACE (same with lojack). and 500 bucks for teh dealer alarm is absurd, that's half the price of mine and it's completely worthless

the prelude IS the most stolen car in america ratio wise (cars produced over cars stolen)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Everyone says that lo-jack sucks...I would have to disagree my sisters lude got stolen and she got it back the next day because of it. So im my opinion it was worth every cent.

·
Registered
798 Posts
LoJack has a new system out called Early Warning System... it seems very interesting, has anyone have any experience with it?

In a nutshell, its an extra hardware install in your car, when you park the car, you take a chip out with you (like a faceplate on a deck). If someone comes in and moves the car without the chip replaced, it sends out a signal that will notify 5 phone numbers you provide informing you that your car has been move.

You can then run out to see if your car is still there, if not, call cops and have them activate the lojack locating system.

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
The new LoJack thing seems pretty neat.

So far as I'm aware, the Preludes (5h Gen) are not stolen by being hotwired.

Generally, a theif looking to steal a Prelude with work in conjuction with a tow truck and flat bed the car. This seems to happen the most.

One of the best ways to protect you car is to park in areas where it would be difficult (at best) to get a tow truck in to remove your car.

The 4th Gens were THE most stolen car in America for years. This is why Honda installed the system they have now. It does cut off fuel to the fuel pump, and prevent the starter from turning without the proper key.

-Gerhard

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
silverbullit2K1 said:

Where can you get that?

EDIT- Just did a Google search on it and I don't think thats what I'm talking about, though I'm not positive because I've never actually seen it. I thought this was something that actually locked your SHIFTER, not your clutch or brake.
Actually the AUTOLOCK is the best thing out there right now...it goes around the brake or clutch bar(metal thingie...cant remember the name) and that is the strongest part of the car so if they cant get it into gear or press the brakes theyre not going to steal it....

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I have been hearing alot of people actually remove there ecu. I was thinking of building a kit to relocate my ecu to the glovebox. But i have had too many other things to worry about.

·
old dog w/new tricks
1,586 Posts
[SUB[EX] said:
I have been hearing alot of people actually remove there ecu. I was thinking of building a kit to relocate my ecu to the glovebox. But i have had too many other things to worry about.
Kinda wonder if the connectors would hold up well to constant use. If they started screwing up, it would mean a new harness or ECM, neither of which is cheap.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts