Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had my stock springs put back on my ride...and now the height of the four corners vary...is it possible that the shop put the front springs in the back and vise versa? how can you tell which springs go where? size, length, markings? by the way, i had the stockers put back in because my skunkworks coilovers were riding too rough without aftermarket shocks...i'm saving up for some tokico illuminas

·
Registered
327 Posts
Viet it's going to be really hard to tell if the correct springs are in the correct places if they're already on your car. The rears are slightly taller and larger. You might be able to check if the springs are seated properly on the shock. If not the car will be uneven. BTW I hope you didn't pay to get those things taken off

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i can check when i get the new shocks installed...hey daniel, sounds to me like you're offering to do the suspension for me...hehe

·
Registered
327 Posts
Man I've volunteered to do a lot of stuff before. I've done springs at least 6 times on prelude's though. It's really not that bad anymore. If something is wrong with your springs, you can have mine. They're just sitting in the garage.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yeh i would check if it is sitting in the top strut mount correctly. sometimes if they are not lined up correctly..they will will be uneven. thats why you're suppose to mark it before you take them apart. I also done spring/shocks numerous times on my car, bro's car, friends cars....so if you need help let me know.

btw: how you like them 18" volks???

justin

[This message has been edited by H23Lude (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, thanks for the advice guys...i'll keep those things in mind when i get my suspension done...justin, i love my volks man...but the reason i'm getting tockicos is because my stockies are too soft and i'm rubbing everytime i hit a dip/bump in the road...i'll be out on westheimer sat nite...so i can show off my rims...hehe...hey do any of ya'll know if those tockico illuminas drop the ride height any?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hey no problem man. yeh most likely i'll be out on westheimer sat. night also. I dont think the tokico illumina will drop your car any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts