Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I think one of my rear stock speakers were blown out (too loud music) cuz now my stereo sounds like mono. Anybody know what brand of speakers they could recommend and if I could do it myself? (i'm not a stereo expert).. or should I just take it to the dealership? much thanks

------------------
96 Prelude VTEC
Flamenco Black Pearl

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have Pioneer 2-ways in the back...6.5 inch just check the depth of the speaker cuz in the 4th gen there are those cross members in the trunk and if the speakers are too deep they won't fit. Install took me about 30 min

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I fit a pair of Infinity 6 1/2" 3 way Kappas in the rear deck...those speakers are awesome...They BARELY fit though. When say barely, the crossmembers in the trunk that keep the trunk open, touch the rubber that is around the magnets when the trunk is open. They don't touch however, when the trunk is closed.

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by axemansean:
People beauty is just a light switch away.
</font>

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I got the same ones as Cantdrive55, and I will admit they are phat. They blow the BAs I had out of the water. I have a matching 12 to go with it, but have given up on trying to bump.

Can anyone recommend some slim speakers for the front? I had some Infinitys and they came scary close to the window (after I cut the basket.)

JP

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I have the Kappas too. As cd55 said, they touch they rods in the trunk, but it's not a problem. The model number I have is 652.1i, 2way co-axials.....they sound sweet, especially with an amp on them.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I've got Pioneer 2 way speakers in the doors, the fit fine and they sound pretty good, not as good as the Infinities, but pretty good. What I need is a new CD Player, mine blows donkeys. I am thinking about the new Pioneer (don't remember the model number off the top of my head) but it is 50X4 and has the screen saver type thing. If you guys know which one I'm talking about, what do you think of it, is it good? I had a Pioneer deck in my old car and I thought it sounded pretty good, now I have an Eclipse and the thing is horrid. I think it has something like 25X4, it is soooo weak.

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by axemansean:
People beauty is just a light switch away.
</font>

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Sorry man, I couldn't help you with the Pioneer. I have an old school (2 years old) Alpine with no power output, just RCA outs. It's plain and phat as hell. So fresh, SO clean.

I could never really get into Pioneer stuff. I had a sub of theirs that kept blowing. On the other hand, My boy had 2 12s that was just the loudest thing I've ever heard in a civic hatch. Must of been a freak of nature.

JP

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey jsut wanna say thanks for all the replies.. i'm gonna head out to a stereo shop and find me one of those kappas..

heh jp, you're from raleigh? cool cuz i was born there.. went back last summer, lotsa trees. and smokes are sure cheap there!

------------------
96 Prelude VTEC
Flamenco Black Pearl

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I had Polk Audios in my car, and they fit the front and the rear without a problem.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Knight Rider,I just moved here over a year ago for school. Yeah, there are mad trees; don't know about the cigarettes, though. I like it.

Dr. James, the Polks are really nice. They were my first choice. Couldn't go wrong either way.

JP

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yep i have infinity kappas in my rear deck also and they're bad ass.

CD55: yeh i know what pioneer you're talking about. I'm thinking about buying one also. I have a Pioneer Priemer deck now and i like it, i just want something new. I would recommend the pioneer or clarion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts