Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey preludeonliners, I was just wondering would it be safe at all to boost a stock jdm H22a? Would doing internals be absolutely necessary to boost period? I'm not really even trying to do high boost, low boost would be fine. I've heard that 8-10 psi would be safe for a stock engine, but at the same I've read stories where without any internals sleeves would start flaking up and pistons eventually breaking. I wouldn't mind settling with maybe 4-6 psi if it would mean no engine damage, and if I swapped out my ecu for a Hondata S300 with a proper tune would that help insure a chance of anti damage to engine with low boost? I've read the sticky about building a turbo engine but money is tight. Any comments and/or critcism would be great. Thanks in advance :D.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention that it will be a daily driver. Would that make a difference to your answer?

·
Registered
599 Posts
7-8 psi and a good tune and your good to go.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you guys check out that FI list of who's blown their motor? Looks to me like if you go over 6psi or whatever (psi is not the only factor) then your stock engine blows. People who have kept it tuned under 6psi seem to be doing okay for the time being.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts