Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I still haevn't found a taker for my spot at the track day so if anyone wants in let me know. The price is $155 and you need to bring a Snell 95 helmet. Let me know!!!

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
I told u i'd take it...whenis it again?

[This message has been edited by Scriber (edited April 30, 2001).]
</font>
Saturday, May 12th.

·
Registered
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
Saturday, May 12th.</font>
Ok i'll take it...I get to test out the camera mount i made.

It's mounted on the passenger head rest.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Snell "M" helmets are motorcycle type.
I am not positive-BUT it is my understanding that you need a Snell SA95 or better-this is the type for cars.
Maybe g5luder can be more specific.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Scriber make sure the helmet is full face too.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jc836:
Snell "M" helmets are motorcycle type.
I am not positive-BUT it is my understanding that you need a Snell SA95 or better-this is the type for cars.
Maybe g5luder can be more specific.
</font>
I would think a bike helmet would be better then a car helmet? I really have no clue at all but you would think there's more risk in crashing your head on a bike then in a car. I have to check and see but I'm certain one of the helmets I have access to is M95 as well.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
From what I was told there's no fire protection in motorcycle helmets as you are not likely to be trapped in a ball of flames hence the Nomex liners in car helmets that are absent in motorcycle helmets. That is what I was told when I was buying my helmet from Driving Impressions.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
From what I was told there's no fire protection in motorcycle helmets as you are not likely to be trapped in a ball of flames hence the Nomex liners in car helmets that are absent in motorcycle helmets. That is what I was told when I was buying my helmet from Driving Impressions.</font>
Ahhh I see, Hmmm I need to email Mazen again and find out if M95 is ok or not.

Thanks Ray

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
I would think a bike helmet would be better then a car helmet? I really have no clue at all but you would think there's more risk in crashing your head on a bike then in a car. I have to check and see but I'm certain one of the helmets I have access to is M95 as well.</font>
The M rated helmets are only able to take one severe impact, while SA helmets can take multiple (from bouncing around in the car, I guess). Though I don't see why you couldn't smack your head on the ground several times falling off a motorcycle. Anyway, that's what Helmet City's website said.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
LOL
what if it's just a helmet... damn it!
</font>
I think just a helmet as fine as long as it doesn't look like a power ranger helmet!

BTW from Mazen's other post the M95 should be fine for you See.

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
so what's the verdict?
who's taking Mark's spot?

I think just a helmet as fine as long as it doesn't look like a power ranger helmet!

BTW from Mazen's other post the M95 should be fine for you See.
</font>
ok.. thanks Mark.

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited May 01, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
</font>
You people don't get it....that helmet rocks!

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts