Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed KYB AGX shocks with H&R Sport springs on my 98 SH two weeks ago. Since then I've had the wheels balanced and aligned. Before alignment/balancing I noticed that if i hit a series of rapid small bumps my steering wheel would feel kind of loose and shake from side to side a bit. Not violently but kind of fluidly. Is this a normal thing in a prelude? I haven't driven it for too long and I know my modified integra didn't do that.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
As long as it doesn't shake on a level road or while braking, then it sounds fine. Trucks have steering dampers, we don't, so therefore vibrations and bumps are transmitted through the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
98typeshFL said:
I installed KYB AGX shocks with H&R Sport springs on my 98 SH two weeks ago. Since then I've had the wheels balanced and aligned. Before alignment/balancing I noticed that if i hit a series of rapid small bumps my steering wheel would feel kind of loose and shake from side to side a bit. Not violently but kind of fluidly. Is this a normal thing in a prelude? I haven't driven it for too long and I know my modified integra didn't do that.

I have KYB AGX's and H&R sports also...When I first had them installed I didnt have any kind of shaking or anything, but now a year later my steering wheel shakes at like 70+ mph

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
check your tires to make sure they are fully inflated and balanced. That may have something to do with it.

·
brownie member
345 Posts
I have KYB AGX's and H&R sports also...When I first had them installed I didnt have any kind of shaking or anything, but now a year later my steering wheel shakes at like 70+ mph
I'm having the exact same issue, did you ever resolve this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts