Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be interested in one of these? I have a few in my posession and can potentially bring in more to the U.S. (or overseas). These are HKB Boss hub adapters made for 4th and 5th gen Preludes (and other Hondas) WITH airbags. They also will work with 4WS and Type SH models (hubs are a little different due to the steering angle sensor).

I posted to the 5th gen mailing list and recieved little response. Should I bother bringing more of these in? Cost would be between $125 and $150, shipped (in the US).

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd also like to ask if anyone knows of any in the US that will work. From what I've seen, they either won't defeat the airbag (or work with the cable reel) or won't cancel the turn signals. The one I have does it all (even turns off the SRS light with the airbag out).

Check out http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-hub/fifth-hub.shtml

Someone lock me, move me, or kill the post if I'm outta line here (I'm looking for info here, not necessarily buyers). If I bring any over to sell I'll likely do it on groupbuycenter.com.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess I can assume no one is interested? No one wants an aftermarket wheel?! Am I the only one?!

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
So I guess I can assume no one is interested? No one wants an aftermarket wheel?! Am I the only one?!</font>
Yes, i might be. I'll email you.

·
Registered
957 Posts
where's the 5th gen mailing list, I'd like to be on that?

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondaprelude

Thanks for the interest, the ML is pretty good. I'll email you back about the hub when I get home.
</font>
thanks. Yeah, just get back to my email later. I asked about something else too, I'm not sure if you have hookups in japan or not.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveV:
thanks. Yeah, just get back to my email later. I asked about something else too, I'm not sure if you have hookups in japan or not.</font>
I don't- it's a long story. I'm pretty much stuck with small aftermarket stuff, and really only "generic" Honda stuff. Can't get any real Honda parts or Prelude-only parts (the hubs work for, I'm told, all Hondas with airbags).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts