Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i have a 94 si h23 and its been sitting in my heated garage for the winter for about 3 months now. i went to start her up the other day and it just made a loud click and everything in the dash died and then came back in about 30 seconds. whats wrong? the battery is not dead? help me thanks

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Sounds like the battery is dead, especially if it was sitting around for 3 months without a trickle charger hooked up

·
Banned
57 Posts
have you tried checking for electric current on your battery..
batteries really died down for sitting too long..
and after that maybe your engine is cold...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the battery for christmas and it hasnt been hooked up just sitting under the hood with the car no cables attatched. i attached the cables just to wire in a new deck and try it out, and i dis-attached them when i was done. everything workeds in the dash except i cant get it to even crank when i try to start it

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would try the starter.. Try jumping it to see if the starter is good or not.. My 93 Si starter died with absolutely NO WARNING! Would start and run fine one day out the blue wouldn't crank like i had a dead battery. Re-placed the starter and wham works fine ever since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
wow. its just the battery terminals having bad connection. if you dont belive me crimp them with vise grips, then try to start it. mine does it all the time :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i would check out the starter i had the same problem, try tapping on it with a screw driver or something and see if it will start 4 u, if it does u need a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts