Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is regarding 5th gens but it may not matter...
I'm stuck between two different companies.
  1. Neuspeed
  2. Goodridge
    [/list=a]
    The only visibly difference I can think of is that the Neuspeed's have a silicone jacket outside the stainless steel braids and the Goodridge ones do not.

The Neuspeed ones are a little more expensive but with a little "help" I can get these for around the same retail price as the Goodridge lines.

I know Neuspeed makes a good product so should I go with those? Or are the Goodridge's just as good?

------------------
    AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Most of us have went the Goodridge route since it is cheaper and I really don't need the color down there. I don't have first hand experience but it's what I bought and from all reviews are pretty good. Just watch out for the connections since they're VERY soft to provide a good seal.

~Doug

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks for the input...I don't care about the color of the silicone jacket by the way.....I was more concerned if it's REALLY needed or not.

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
188 Posts
i've been interested in asking someone about these. i almost bought some SS brake lines several months ago, i was also deciding between the neuspeed and goodridge lines, but then i read an article from a prelude tuner who said that SS brake lines on a prelude are worthless and wont create any noticeable differences. well, simple logic tells us that SS lines are better, but then again, simple logic isn't always correct(now that i think about it, it is probably never correct). so to the people that have done them, are they worth it?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've heard so far even if you use SS lines and regular fluid you DO feel a difference.....just HOW MUCH of a difference is debatable though.

------------------

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
haha is this for pocono?? Should I order a sway bar and these SS lines for pocono...I remember a couple people doing this mod a while ago...whats the prices on the Joon?
</font>
Yes it is and it's also for an autoX on the 22nd.

------------------

[email protected]

·
0 Posts
Goodridge.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Goodridge.
</font>
I guess that silicone sleeve over the braids is unneccessary then?
From what it looks like getting the Goodridge's for about 100 flat is more performance per dollar than the Neuspeeds....gonna probably buy these tomorrow.

------------------

[email protected]

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I guess that silicone sleeve over the braids is unneccessary then?
From what it looks like getting the Goodridge's for about 100 flat is more performance per dollar than the Neuspeeds....gonna probably buy these tomorrow.
</font>
That sleeve is totally unneccessary.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
The SS brake hoses really only give the brake pedal more 'feel' to it.
They are stronger than the stock hoses which, being rubber, can expand under continuous harsh braking. The braided hoses prevent this from happening therefore making the pedal feel less 'spongy' and making you feel more confident in your brakes

IMO they are not really necessary unless you have extensively uprated your whole brake system i.e: AP Racing 320mm rotors, four piston calipers etc, etc.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts