Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is thermal the only company that makes a completely stainless exhaust for the 5th gen? I am aware that nearly every company makes stainless mufflers but I am wondering about the piping. I was looking at getting a N1 but I saw some pics and the piping didn't look stainless. Any help here is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Not sure why you NEED stainless. Because piping rusts from the inside to begin with. But anyways, Apex doesn't use stainless piping, I think its more like a thin ceramic coat or something and it does not bling one bit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I heard Jackson Racing was making a complete kit, but then again it would be for their supercharge cars not NA.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thinking durability here. With all of the weather and raod conditions I can encounter I figured that SS would be better than "aluminized" steel.

G

·
I want it for the weight savings!
No resonator, stainless muffler (racing, so it's very light), so I might save 20 lbs or so. Not a big deal, really, but I have to justify it to myself somehow!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the DC setup, & for the most part, I'm pretty happy w/it. It sounds & looks good, but it's not completely ss. The flanges are mild steel, so they'll rust. Mine's started to only after about 6 months. Not too happy bout that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
How long should an exhaust system last if it is full stainless steel like a Mugen?

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
838 Posts
Billy, speaking about weights reductions, what other possible thing can u do to strip it down?

Well, I'm thinking, get lighter wheels, Carbon Fiber Hood, take out all 3 seats and replace driver seats with Recaro, take the spare tire out
, anything else ?

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbx:
Billy, speaking about weights reductions, what other possible thing can u do to strip it down?

Well, I'm thinking, get lighter wheels, Carbon Fiber Hood, take out all 3 seats and replace driver seats with Recaro, take the spare tire out
, anything else ?

</font>
I am going to remove the interior, sunroof, full stainless exhaust without a cat. or resonator, lightweight battery, Sparco racing seats (without sliders), etc.

I will probably remove all of the interior except the dash, door panels, and center console. The door panels will go later, but not just yet.

I want to see if a 4Gen metal sunroof will fit, then I will just paint it, and seal it into place (remove the sliders, motor, etc.).

I thought about a CF hood, but not just yet. If I were to do it, I would want to paint it to match the car. Perhaps a CF trunk lid too. I bet that would save a few pounds.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 13 of 13 Posts