Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kit includes:

.....Far more than a usual Transmission Rebuilding Kit, these Systems include: high performance Clutches, Reaction Plates, and Bands; complete sets of Bushings, Washers, and Bearings; high performance Filters; as well as complete sets of seals and gaskets. Level 10 Performance Transmission Systems?will take your trans from mild to WILD.
PTS?includes Heavy-Duty, Performance Clutches and Reaction Plates .

The Bushing Sets and Washer Sets have been fabricated to precise tolerances from space-age materials to provide high durability and high performance. The Bearing Sets include ultra-precision anti-friction bearings produced by Torrington?
The Seal Sets and Gasket Sets have been fabricated from the finest materials to provide high durability and long life.

For US$300, it seems to be a bargain. Any comments on this kit?

Link is below:
http://www.levelten.com/press/12_00_honda_acura_PTS.htm

·
Registered
666 Posts
sh*t that would be a bargain!! id get it heh heh. but i dunno.. seams kinda cheap for what its supposed to do yeah? plus i guess a lot of money for installation

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hmm.. what im wondering is would it provide more power to the wheels, since our SS eats up like 20% of our power (?). if it can direct power with less of a lose, then we can actually hang with a 5spd better stock to stock. also my dynos would be nicer =) i would totally be interested if it does do its job and can handle more shots of N20.

ive always thought u need the whole deal to do anything significant. and the whole thing usually costs in the $3,000 i think

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose what it does is improve the efficiency and durability of the transmission. There should be less power loss, also the shifts should be smoother and possibly faster.
I wonder what kind of improvement this would give to the SS on the dyno.

This upgrade can handle 400lbs of torque and 500+hp according to its description. So I suppose you can spray another 200 shots without tranny problem...hee hee.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
hmm.. what im wondering is would it provide more power to the wheels, since our SS eats up like 10% of our power (?). if it can direct power with less of a lose, then we can actually hang with a 5spd better stock to stock. also my dynos would be nicer =)

ive always thought u need the whole deal to do anything significant. and the whole thing usually costs in the $3,000 i think
</font>

[This message has been edited by LVSBB6 (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
i would be interested but i would like some feedback from them first
i emailed them a few days ago but i haven't gotten a reply back yet

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
can u guyge give me a link to their site and an email? www.levelten.com doesnt work

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The kit is just that...a kit.

"These Systems include EVERYTHING you need to build a "bulletproof" transmission for your Recreational Vehicle, tow vehicle. Sport Utility Vehicle, or high performance vehicle."

They also have a fully ready made kit available for like 2,500 or something..

I've always been very interested in their trannies, as well as their torque converters...

if we could get a group buy on the tranny kit, i'd be in

-justin

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If any of you guys get it, let us know how it is. I'll wait till mine blows up first

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in for the group buy, we need 4 more people, anyone else?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperFleaJQ:
The kit is just that...a kit.

"These Systems include EVERYTHING you need to build a "bulletproof" transmission for your Recreational Vehicle, tow vehicle. Sport Utility Vehicle, or high performance vehicle."

They also have a fully ready made kit available for like 2,500 or something..

I've always been very interested in their trannies, as well as their torque converters...

if we could get a group buy on the tranny kit, i'd be in

-justin

</font>

·
Registered
855 Posts
ok i am very interested so if we get 6 peeps its 250. anyways what u guys think this will cost to get it install. and no i don't want the why don't u do it yerself so what u estimate it will be to get it professionally installed. i need to know before i commit to a buy. payce

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I just want to share some potentially useful information with you guys. I remember heading over to the supra boards a year or so ago, and their opinion of level 10 was not good. they said that the guy only did good transmission when he knew you or wanted to. other times, his quality was bad and unreliable. I know level0 has done some great work, but i implore you to check this out before hand...

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It says 5-8 hours install time. Let the labour cost be $50/hour, which would be between $250-$400.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
same here, im in but i need more research and experiences... also probably when i NEED it. meaning my tranny goes..

·
OG
2,040 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
I just want to share some potentially useful information with you guys. I remember heading over to the supra boards a year or so ago, and their opinion of level 10 was not good. they said that the guy only did good transmission when he knew you or wanted to. other times, his quality was bad and unreliable. I know level0 has done some great work, but i implore you to check this out before hand...</font>
hmm from what i remember people were saying this about the 5 speed conversion and not just the upgraded auto tranny, but i'm not 100% on that. either way, yea, i'm with the rest of these guys. as long as the one i've got still works, i'll hold off, but this is definitely something to look into for the future (FI anyone?).

------------------
Raman ~ AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair ~ 99 Pearl White SS ~ Mods

·
Registered
195 Posts
With all these auto upgrades, there is the making for some damn consistant drag cars.

I would like to see a trans. brake setup though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts