Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is after the SS swap with a Auto ECU.

Alright.. so i FAILED inspection in Houston,TX. Several of the sensors are not readying at all using the AT ecu.. what did you guys do to pass inspection?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont want to spend more money to get a 5spd ecu.. then spend more money to chip it to my immobolizer.

I understand that a lot of people out there are running the AT ecu also.. i would liek to know how they wired it to get ride of the check engine light... and pass inspection (emission).

Of course.. i'm NOT talking about paying some money on the side.. i would liek to get this done right! :)

a lot of my sensors are saying it's "not ready". I would think this means no readings at all.. but who knows.

ANY help is appreciated.

Man

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm a certified emissions inspector here in GA and I might be able to help you out. When it says "not ready", it just means the monitors in the computer are not ready. Do you have the OBD2 work around done on your car? Have you reset you're computer(disconnect battery, reset cel, etc.)within the last couple days/weeks? If so, you have to take your car through the drive cycle to get the monitors ready. All makes and models have different drive cycles. I can get the drive cycle for you at work tomm. if you need it. Let me know if you need it.
Danny

·
Registered
380 Posts
ok, hold on. Looking at the report, you're check engine light is on. Why doesn't it have the codes printed on the report. GA uses a different type of computer and the report looks completely different. You're gonna have to pull the codes and take care of whatever problem, then take it through the drive cycle to pass the test.
Danny

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow. i'm glad someone here can help.

It's very odd. Even the tech there said it's odd how it didnt print anything.

Yes, the check engine light is on... when i do the paperclip trick to try to give me the CEL codes.. i get code 70.

Code 70= malfunction AT. (which i dont have a AT). So it's understandable. Other than that.. that is it.

Automatic Transmission
Malfunction with Auto Trans Controls
95-97

The battery was pulled about 2 weeks ago. I would say I had put about 20 miles on the car the past 2 weeks... is that sufficient to let the OBD2 learn it? (i do not have the ECU bypass)

so BLULUDED... you think it'll pass if i drive a bit more? (or do you think even if i drive a lot.. i still wont pass?)

once again, thanks for your help.
Man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts