Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the area where it has P, R, N, D, etc. to the left of the shifter does not light up at night for me. Is it suppose to?

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
yes there is a bulb there that illuminates P-R-N-D4-D3....
if yours doesnt then u might have a bulb thats out OR might be that its not connected. the bulb has to plug into a plug that leads to power

·
sis0rueN
758 Posts
there is a bulb that backlights the panel, but it will not seperatly illuminate what gear you are in...

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
whoaaa.. I didnt know that!? There's a light there?

At night..what I do to avoid slipping just into neutral when I want to go into drive.. or reverse.. I feel down with my fingers. A light would be very nice.. time to go Helms hunting.

·
2,841 Posts
damn, you got to take apart everything to get to this bulb?

:eek: I think I can live without it.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
DeadFish said:

At night..what I do to avoid slipping just into neutral when I want to go into drive.. or reverse.. I feel down with my fingers. A light would be very nice.. time to go Helms hunting.
doesnt your gauge cluster has the same P-R-N-D4-D3 ..... on ther eas well. Plus when you switch gears it lights up to let you now what you selected. why dont you go by that.

Besides... i automatically know what i selected ...just by feel of it and the number of clicks down it went.

·
2,841 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:

doesnt your gauge cluster has the same P-R-N-D4-D3 ..... on ther eas well. Plus when you switch gears it lights up to let you now what you selected. why dont you go by that.

Besides... i automatically know what i selected ...just by feel of it and the number of clicks down it went.
Yea it has the letters.. but they do not light up... the only thing down there that lights up is the coin tray... barely.

I know what gear I am in too.. on the dash it displays it of course. Infact I dont recall the letters down there ever lighting up... I searched Helms.. and it shows the little bulb.. but it doesnt talk about any fuses or anything supporting it. taking apart everything just to look doesnt sound fun... but if anyone happens to be ripping apart the interior.. snap some shots for us.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
DeadFish said:

Yea it has the letters.. but they do not light up... the only thing down there that lights up is the coin tray... barely.

I know what gear I am in too.. on the dash it displays it of course. Infact I dont recall the letters down there ever lighting up... I searched Helms.. and it shows the little bulb.. but it doesnt talk about any fuses or anything supporting it. taking apart everything just to look doesnt sound fun... but if anyone happens to be ripping apart the interior.. snap some shots for us.
u might as well rip it apart yourself...its soo easy.

i will be taking my thing apart, but it wont happen till like a week from today.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the clarification guys. I might take it apart myself, the bulb is probably out. Or maybe just bring it to the dealer and have them do it. in case its more than just a bulb...

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
DeadFish said:

hehe... everytime someone else drives my car at night (my light works too) they can't figure out how to get it in gear :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts