Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was the transmission acting before it finally died? Any slippage/unusual behavior?

The reason I am asking is because I've noticed when I shift without blipping the throttle in SS mode, the tranny slips more often. It used to do this every once in a blue moon so I never worried before. It is most noticeable when shifting from 2nd to 3rd casually. I haven't noticed it when accelerating fast though. This may be because I bilp the throttle at those times. I just hope my tranny lasts until after the PNM!

·
Registered
244 Posts
before mine died, it would slip in all the gears. it would slip in first, third, and in fourth. the only good gear was second, but the only thing was that i couldnt ever get into that gear because it slipped in first. scary thing was when it just slipped into neutral when driving on the freeway. i had mine rebuilt like 10 months ago, and now its acting up again. now sometimes, when i come to a stop, it wont downshift back to first gear. instead it goes to neutral and wont shift out of it. to keep it from happening i have to downshift all the way to first in SS mode, which doesnt bother me, but it still shouldnt do that. also i have hard shifts shifting from first to second gear only.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts