Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has come time to lower my 5th gen, and i will be doing it soon. Unfortunately, i dont have enough money for any kind of setup just yet with Koni's etc. I am looking for a 1.4"-1.75" Drop, well not exactly but somewhere around there. I am just curious what you guys would recommend. I am knew to this field of cars and havent had any hands on experience with it. So if you could, please recommend something that would suit me, handle nice, etc. I just dont want to be buying a set of brand A just because they were cheaper and sagged after a few months or something and end up paying more for a set of good springs later on. Also, anywhere to look to buy the springs would be great. Thanks alot everyone i really appreciate it.
-Justin

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited April 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
500 Posts
i have a set of eibach pro-kits. used for like 1.5 yrs... it makes your car handles really well. ask the ppl, most will say eibach pro-kit or neuspeed non-race ( forgot the name). if you want, sent me an email.

------------------
98 Turbo Prelude
www.151boost.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
H&R sports with KYB shocks. This combo dropped the car 2" I'm pleased with the set up.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
RS*R downsprings...1.5 all around. Great ride for just on stock shocks. H&R are pretty good too.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Neuspeed Sports!!!! Progressive rated!!!
Drops the Front about 1.7 & the back 1.5.

A good place to look into is shox.com

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Frt. ST Bar
Parts to be installed-
Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX,Apex V-AFC, Type-R Wing

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wondering if any one here has Weapon R
coilover shocks. Are they any good? Any saggin or other problems. Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLACKOUT:
I was wondering if any one here has Weapon R
coilover shocks. Are they any good? Any saggin or other problems. Thanks
</font>
I've heard ONLY bad things about Weapon-R's

I have H&R Sports with stock shocks. I'm going to pick up Koni Yellow's next summer, or maybe KYB's since people seem to be satisfied with them. I like the hieght adjustibility on Koni's though.

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hey justin, how's your raybrigs holding up? mine are still going strong...

as for srings, eibach pro-kits here, good if your looking for 1.25 ~ 1.50" drop. if you get the yellow's, you could go even lower.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i'll hopefully be getting Koni's in the future
Thanks all for your help, any more opinions are welcome.
HRC: Raybrigs
One blew a couple weeks ago on the right side man (of course) so i am out a pair of bulbs. Those were hella expensive too
ah well
You got aim HRC?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
hey justin, how's your raybrigs holding up? mine are still going strong...

as for srings, eibach pro-kits here, good if your looking for 1.25 ~ 1.50" drop. if you get the yellow's, you could go even lower.

d

</font>

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
164 Posts
While were talking about springs... I want to lower my car, Also I want to keep the ride nice and smooth? Is there any spring that I could get that would lower my car and keep my ride basically as smooth as it was before without getting a new suspention? And whats the lowest I could have my car with the same comfy ride heh. thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude Brotha:
While were talking about springs... I want to lower my car, Also I want to keep the ride nice and smooth? Is there any spring that I could get that would lower my car and keep my ride basically as smooth as it was before without getting a new suspention? And whats the lowest I could have my car with the same comfy ride heh. thanks</font>
i think getting a comfortable ride would depend more on what dampers you combine with the springs and how well they match up

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking either Neuspeed Sports or Eibach Prokits...What are the prices like on both of these, i know there is a group buy for the sports. I Just dont want to make a mistake. I want a good quality ride, better handling, etc. and be able to notice the difference.
Any places you guys can recommend i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude182:

HRC: Raybrigs
One blew a couple weeks ago on the right side man (of course) so i am out a pair of bulbs. Those were hella expensive too
ah well
You got aim HRC?
</font>
sorry to hear about your bad raybrig experience...i don't have aim either

i think the reg price of the pro-kits is around 2 bills. of course, i would recommend them, and with the yellows set at full soft, it's almost like stock! as always, email me if you have any q's.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
433 Posts
in sig is my neuspeed sport drop. This is before they settled. I love the drop and the ride. They are a little bit stiffer than the stock set up. Rides smoooooooth and cost me 133 + shipping when carparts.com had the 33% coupon.

------------------

·
Texas
734 Posts
i got the tanabe SuperHs...don't drop as much as most, about 1.25-1.5", but ride is smooth, almost stock...great for those of you that drive a lot...eibachs are far too stiff for me, though they handle great...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts