Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how difficult it would be to install my H&R sports. I want to get them in asap, but the prices seems a bit steep. Is $150 reasonable, or a harsh price? Would it be hard to do it w/ a friend with decent amount of car knowledge as far as installation goes? Alot of hrs? Also where would i go about getting / renting a spring compressor. Also any FAQ's or whatever on springs install would be great.
Thanks
-Justin

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hey Justin,

It's not all too difficult to install your own H&R sports, so long as you have the correct tools and all. Spring compressor is a definite plus, and most likely a must. $150 is much too high...don't pay that!

If it's your first time for you and your buds, I'd set aside anywhere from 2-8 hours..sometimes things here and there can be a b*tch!

Try pepboys, or a kragen (if that's available in NY) to get a spring compressor.

Also, check www.ntpog.org for their information on how to install aftermarket springs\shocks...good luck!

-justin

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Registered
332 Posts
hey Lude182

it took me and a friend around 3-4 hours to lower my old car. make sure u compress that spring....or ur head will get ripped off
it really isnt hard...just kinda time-consuming. just do it and save some cash

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed nuespeeds on my 89 2 weeks ago with a friend. First corner took 4 hours, broken bolt and all, the other 3 took 45 min a piece. Do it yourself!! A spring compressor is a must. I borrowed one from O'Reillys, they require a down payment but you get it all back when you return it.

------------------
89 sky blue
AR wheels
tinted windows
Working on intake

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah! Nice. Any idea around here (Upstate NY) where i could rent one from for free like you said? Or something. Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Mods! I thought the thread i did on spring installs with all those pics was gonna get faq'd?
I tried to find it for our friend here a,d the URL doesn't come up!
Whassup with it?

------------------
UK LUDER!:)
HONDA-R UK Member
5th GEN 2.2 VTI 4WS Manual

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yer the man Guiddy! Let me know if you find it! PLEASE.

[This message has been edited by Lude182 (edited May 05, 2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts