Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to do this. I know there are paints out there specially made for this, but do you paint the outside or inside of your housing? I am interested in painting the turn signal portion of the stock 5th gen taillights.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Me and my friend did his Legend last summer...i think it looks really good...we ordered the "tint spray" online somewhere...i know you can get them at certain hobby shops too.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
it depends.. if u paint the lens, u paint the outside, if u paint the inside, u paint the housing and NOT the lens.. otherwise it'd look kinda weird.. what kind of effect are u trying to go for..

i think it'd be better to paint the outside, since the inside has the reflectors everywhere and everything's distorted anywhere

*shrug*

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
just leave them as is....imo it doesnt look good

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to do a red turn signal with the only white being the reverse light.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
^^ i have seen that in person, and it looks like azz... the red on the turn signal was not as translucent as the red of the brake lights

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
you'd want translucent red spray paint, and you'd want to paint the INSIDE of the lens. not the outside, not the reflector. otherwise the finish will look weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts