Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing the F and R spoon sports strut tower bars.

Lets start off with a question: on the front bar.... if you are standing at the headlights looking in the engine bay, should the heads of the bolts on the bar itself be facing you, or should you see the tail? The bar isn't completely symetrical, so im guessing it makes some kind of a difference.

I also installed the brackets so that if you are in the same position as above (at headlights, facing the engine bay) the "SPOON" logo on the brackets reads the right direction. I'm guessing this is how it should have been done. I searched posts on here and for those of you who had to shave.... maybe you installed them backwards?

last, i did all this with the car sitting on the ground (i didn't jack it up). good or bad? when i torque-spec the bolts later, do i do it with the car jacked or on the ground? or does it make no difference...?

I took the car for a very quick spin. In the beginning i didn't notice anything, then i gave the steering wheel a few good violent jerks and i definetely did notice a stiffer, more solid reaction from the car. I took a couple turns that i like to push the car on also, and i liked how it reacted. Overall, as everyone says, suspension mods rock!

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i have my bolts facing me and yes my bar is all whacked out....some members have perfectly even bars....some...like me its all odd balled and stuff...grrrrr!

as for the brackets..on the underside of them it has which way they go....right goes on the passengers side and left goes on the drivers side

many if not all members installed and torqued down the bars while the car is on the ground and oh...28 ft./lbs for the bolts...

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MugenPoweredLude said:
i have my bolts facing me and yes my bar is all whacked out....some members have perfectly even bars....some...like me its all odd balled and stuff...grrrrr!

as for the brackets..on the underside of them it has which way they go....right goes on the passengers side and left goes on the drivers side

many if not all members installed and torqued down the bars while the car is on the ground and oh...28 ft./lbs for the bolts...
i didnt buy the front bar new, so can you describe how the front is installed (in what direction?) . the easiest way to tell, i think, is when looking in the engine bay, is the 'spoon' logo in the correct reading direction? (like the DOHC VTEC on the engine)

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
yup thats it

i think there is really only one way you can put it....the brackets are the only things that have the logo on them and my bar is not even so one side is higher or lower than the other:sigh:

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to go buy a torque wrench now. for the time being i just tightened as much as i could

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
My bolts are facing the front, but it doesn't matter, just make sure that the head is installed on the side with the notch cut out.
Don't jack up the car to install or torque them. That's bad for the frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts