Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a spoiler for the Prelude. I downloaded the instructions and it looks very straight forward. Instead of paying someone to do it I think I am going to do it myself. Has anybody ever installed there own? I have been told that the spring tool that is used in the instructions is not longer sold. Can you swap the trunk springs without the tool? Where can you buy metric drill bits? Can you use the closest imperial size? Are there any handy tricks that you found when installing yours?
Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just drill through the marked spots in your trunk. All fith gens were pre marked with spoiler holes. If you look under the trunk lid you will see two circles on each side that have been covered with some kind of insulating sealent. Just drill through those spots, start with a small drill bit then gradually get bigger. Very easy. All you need is variable sized drill bits, touch up paint or primer to seal raw metal, and a socket wrench. Hope this helps.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
I installed my own Wings West Spoiler.... its easy... just a bit time consuming if you want to do it carefully and right.

I would go invest in T strips so you cane get the whole to be exact. That would make it easier to align it later on.

I'm also interested to know...where can i obtain springs for the trunk. I want to change my base springs for SH since those have a spoiler on them.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
they are the springs.... metal rods that help lift the trunk for easy opening.

ANYONE know where I can get the SH springs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts